Habitat for Humanity International (HFHI) seeks to work across the U.S. network to build a strong outcomes evidence base, demonstrating through rigorous impact measurement and research the power of improved housing conditions and strong communities to create lasting change for Habitat beneficiaries. Moreover, Habitat seeks to invest in understanding and sharing evidence-based practices across its network. Through its investments in measurement and research, Habitat will be equipped with powerful data to better advocate and improve housing conditions for beneficiaries and communities served by Habitat. In FY20, HFHI will expand its U.S. research and measurement team, and the Outcomes Measurement Manager is a newly-created, critical role reporting to the Director of U.S. Research and Measurement.
The Outcomes Measurement Manager will manage output and outcome measurement and reporting in the U.S. in a highly-collaborative, affiliate-centric manner. This will include helping define, test and implement a new approach to output and outcome measurement; transitioning 1,200+ Habitat affiliates to the new approach; building the team that will manage the new data collection, cleaning, and analysis process; continuously improving outcomes measurement tools and practices; and helping Habitat affiliates and HFHI staff get the most value from the outcomes data. In the first year in this role, the Outcomes Measurement Manager will play an integral role in defining Habitat’s logic model and intended outcomes and facilitate the identification of key metrics in preparation for an outcomes measurement pilot and a network-wide implementation approach, partnering with a group of affiliates and HFHI leaders to do so.
- Support the development of and lead the ongoing use and refinement of logic models and logical frameworks for U.S. programs, including ensuring indicators build on and align with relevant academic literature and public datasets where practical and desirable
- Lead an outcomes measurement pilot with affiliate leaders and key HFHI staff to define and test new approaches to output and outcome measurement in the U.S.
- Define network-wide implementation needs based on the approach(es) selected as a result of the pilot’s findings. Then, support the design and development of the network-wide approach, and lead the change management strategy to migrate from current quarterly reporting solution to the new system. Develop and deliver supporting trainings.
- Define data access rights across affiliates, state support organizations, and HFHI staff.
- Develop dashboard(s) and data visualizations for key users to better explore, analyze and visualize their data to help understand, communicate and improve outcomes. Develop and deliver supporting trainings.
- Collaborate with stakeholders across HFHI to ensure best practices in privacy protection, data security and data management are codified and implemented.
- Identify, document and address key data quality issues and communicate those issues to key stakeholders in a timely, accessible manner
- Build and manage a high-performing team to deliver on this mandate, including defining team roles and structure and collaborating with Procurement and IT to select and manage external vendor(s)
- Other duties as assigned to support the broader team
- Bachelor's Degree required
- At least five years of relevant experience in output and outcome measurement, including experience overseeing system administration and program-level or organization-level aggregation of indicators
- Strong understanding of qualitative and quantitative research methods
- Experience supporting the design, development and implementation of/migration to a new IT system (strong preference for an outcomes measurement system)
- Experience successfully managing large service contracts with external vendors
- Practical field-level experience building buy-in and collecting data across different actors
- Strong project management, coordination and facilitation skills required. PMP preferred
- Ability to learn new software solutions and strong computer aptitude - proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, outcome measurement solutions, survey tools, data visualization tools (especially Power BI or Tableau)
- Strong knowledge of evidence-based practices in housing and community development preferred
- Identifies deeply with and lives the Habitat for Humanity mission and values
- Strong knowledge of and experience with outcome measurement systems
- Ability to work with attention to detail and on deadline
- Has a track record of building trust and fostering collaboration among diverse stakeholders
- Ability to convey technical material in an accessible, compelling manner orally and in writing to facilitate informed decision-making
- Ability to interface with and provide excellent service to all levels of the organization (senior leaders, middle management, program subject matter experts, and administrative staff, etc.)