- At least 7 years of leading a divisional Sales Operations function or similar responsibilities supporting a mid-to-large scale multi-geographical hi-tech Sales Organization
- Bachelor’s degree is required
Amazon Web Services (AWS) provides companies of all sizes with an infrastructure web services platform in the cloud (“cloud computing”). With AWS you can requisition compute power, storage, and many other services – gaining access to a suite of elastic IT infrastructure services as your business demands them. AWS is the leading platform for designing and developing applications for the cloud and is growing rapidly with hundreds of thousands of companies in over 190 countries on the platform.
We are seeking a Sales Operations Leader to partner with the head of the AWS Americas Sales to define, land and execute against our strategic priorities for the business. This role is the "COO of Sales" responsible for everything from defining local market strategies and programs through to the day to day execution of the business. This is a leadership role leading a team of Sales Operations Leads supporting the Americas business.
This role will partner with the head of Americas Sales Strategy, Operations and Enablement (SSOE) in the strategic planning process, the annual and monthly rhythm of business and the annual Territory Planning process. The ideal candidate has broad leadership skills, strong financial acumen and a deep analytic background to ensure the continued growth and success of the business and delivering results.
This position will be responsible for managing the rhythm of the business activities such as Monthly Business Reviews, Quarterly Business Reviews, and other cadenced reporting and metrics. The position will assist Sales Managers in evaluating and forecasting attainment against quotas, utilizing various CRM tools to derive well-vetted analysis, and other ad-hoc requests and analysis as needed. This position will lead a team supporting the day to day execution of the business including commission and quota plans, managing the territory definitions and account movements, and providing reporting and insights to sales leaders.
This individual will need to collaborate effectively with internal end-users and cross-functional data teams to solve problems, implement new reporting solutions, and deliver successfully against high standards. A successful individual is a person that has a proven work ethic that drives the desired results. This is a hands-on position - the ideal candidate must be willing to “roll up the sleeves”.
This position will work with the several stakeholders supporting the extended AWS Americas Sales organization, such as Business Development, Marketing, Professional Services, and the Partner team. The individual must have the ability to communicate effectively across multiple technical and non-technical business units, as well as across other geographies.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Define the key sales support systems/processes required to meet the rapid growth of the business and achieve revenue attainment and market development objectives.
- Manage the development of continuously-evolving forecast models and methodologies, owning the quantitative analysis of the performance of our sales team, customers, prospects, partners, markets, and products/services.
- Manage the monthly cadenced business reporting for the business segment.
- Develop relationships and processes with sales, partner, finance, HR, sales operations, and other stakeholders to identify and address reporting issues.
- Assist Sales Managers in all aspects of evaluating their teams’ performance.
- Ensure accurate and timely sales commission calculations and payments.
- Identify reporting issues, gaps in processes, and drive timely resolution.
- Prepare ad hoc analysis & participate on projects as needed.
- Experience in multiple organizational functions such as compensation, forecasting, organizational development, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to define, refine and implement sales processes, procedures and policies
- Ability to conduct sophisticated and creative analysis of complex data and translate the results into actionable deliverables, messages, and presentations
- Strong financial, analytical and communication skills.
- Deep experience of Microsoft Office Suite required (extensive knowledge of Excel required)
- Excellent cross group collaboration skills.
- Experience working within a high-growth, technology company would be highly beneficial.
- MBA or other relevant advanced degree.
- Exhibits sound business judgment, a proven ability to influence others, strong analytical skills, and a proven track record of taking ownership, leading data-driven analyses, and influencing results
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with a track record of presenting to senior management
- Able to operate successfully in a lean, fast-paced organization, and to create a vision and organization that can scale quickly
- Highly organized, have multi-tasking skills, and efficient in ambiguous situations.
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.