The primary responsibility is to provide client service, detailed technical oversight, and support for assigned application(s) in support of FIS Retirement Solutions business. This position leads workflow analysis, provides recommendations for system design and corrective actions, and ensures timely resolution of problems within the software application(s) supported utilizing normal change control processes. Additionally, this position is responsible for managing the normal software client support and updates to client to ensure compliance contractual requirements.
- Knowledge of Omni products, services and business operations to enable resolution of customer inquiries
- Gathers and consolidates current and future requirements with business as required to facilitate application build. Has a thorough understanding of the workflow for each implementation.
- Provides recommendations for implementation of specific application upgrades, enhancements or corrective actions based on current and future analyses, work processes, plans and available products.
- Assumes analyst role as designated by supervisor which includes: a) acting as or assisting project manager in the coordination of project plan activities for designated go live; b) identifying needs for support during go live and immediate post go live activities, and participating in long term support model; c) ensuring timely and effective communication between the client and business.; e) facilitating or attending regular meetings with clients and stakeholders as appropriate.
- Follows FIS Client Service reporting and resolution process
- Provides direction and detail for the development team to work on client reported issues
- Performs technical evaluations of new technology products or suggest changes/enhancements to existing products to fulfill customer needs.
- Completes systems configuration activities including application design, build, testing, validation, and documentation of system changes.
- Presents findings, recommendations, and specifications in formal reports and/or oral presentations to Supervisor, Project Manager, and/or Peers to support resolving client issues
- Coordinates the assignment of project tasks and Helpdesk tickets with other Application Support team members
- Flexibility, versatility, dependability
Omni Plus, Omni Router, Omni Link, Omni Script, Omni IdP experience
Technical background and familiarity with Java/J2EE application servers:
Technical background and familiarity with web servers:
Ability to run basic SELECT queries on Database
Awareness or background to understand basic OS level shell or batch script commands for Windows or Linux Troubleshooting experience to be able to distinguish between application and platform issues Troubleshoot experience with network related issues, load balancer and packet capturing tools Ability to understand the application logs (* Something the resource will learn once he/she starts using the application to recreate scenarios in our SCM / QA region)
FIS JOB LEVEL DESCRIPTION
Advanced service professional role having broad technical expertise and knowledge of the retirement industry. Uses professional concepts in developing resolution to critical issues and broad software challenges. Works independently on significant and unique issues where analysis of situations or data requires an evaluation of intangibles. Exercises independent judgment in methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria for obtaining results. Expected to be primary mentor for others on staff and is a role model for rest of team. Effectively communicates with all levels of technical and non-technical personnel. Ability to provide communication on issues or complex information to a wide audience based on knowledge. Develops, documents, and implements standards, guidelines, direction, and education on process/procedures for staff. Assigned to the highly visible, sensitive, and critical projects and may be used in a consulting capacity. Typically requires a minimum of five plus years client service and/or business analyst experience with a demonstrated ability to handle complex application issues and key clients.
With a 50-year history rooted in the financial services industry, FIS™ is the world's largest global provider dedicated to financial technology solutions. We champion clients from banking to capital markets, retail to corporate and everything touched by financial services. Headquartered in Jacksonville, Florida, our 53,000 worldwide employees help serve more than 20,000 clients in over 130 countries. Our technology powers billions of transactions annually that move over $9 trillion around the globe. FIS is a Fortune 500 company and is a member of Standard & Poor’s 500® Index.
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the FIS Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf and here:www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
As part of the selection process this role may require an assessment to determine suitability
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.