SENIOR VICE PRESIDENT OF SALES
Reports to: President FLSA Status: Exempt
Company Information: TGI is a world leading Chicago based agency. Founded in 1997,TGI specializes in the design, production, installation and management of signage solutions for the sports and entertainment industry. We provide static and LED perimeter signage systems, large-format graphics, stadium pageantry and way finding signage. Our products and services are tailored for events of all sizes. From small, one-day events in a single location to large-scale, multi-day, multi-venue events, TGI provides the same commitment to service for all. of our clients.The company has provided signage solutions, staffing, and project management for numerous events on six (6) continents, and in more than thirty countries around the world.
The Senior Vice President, Sales (SVPS) will lead sales and business development initiatives that are consistent with TGI’s vision and that result in increasing TGI business.The SVPS will be responsible for understanding company resources, strengths + opportunities and collaborate with internal team members to effectively develop sales solutions that address client needs. This position is responsible for establishing sales targets that meet the company’s growth objectives and developing strategic sales plans based on goals and objectives that will promote sales growth and client satisfaction.
This position will oversee entire sales and business development efforts to secure C-Level and Mid-Level executive appointments for TGI targets within sports, entertainment, corporate, and other markets and requires a well-defined, consultative sales process consistent with a TGI approved sales approach.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develops annual sales plans in support of company strategy and growth objectives.
- Directs implementation and execution of sales policies and practices.
- Develops annual forecast, key development initiatives, andprovides management with monthly forecast for sales and review of current projects.
- Leads sales meetings to review sales forecast, pipeline, key targets, status/updates and key prospects. Holds sales staff accountability for achievement of the same.
- Ensures communications are coordinated, supports sales plan objectives and meets organizational expenditure requirements in conjunction with business development and operational departments.
- Recommends sales strategies for improvement based on market research and competitor analyses.
- Builds, develops and manages sales team capable of carrying out needed sales and service initiatives.
- Effectively manages all RFP processes (within a team approach) initiated by assigned customers to ensure that TGI has the best possible response.
- Oversees business development efforts to increase new opportunities and fosters key relationships across executives, event, facility, marketing, operations, and other decision makers to ensure full breadth of TGI’s portfolio is leveraged to solve customer business opportunities, challenges and issues.
- Assists sales management with identifying new prospects target companies and develops CEO/Senior level relationships to proactively establish new contacts throughout the sports, entertainment, corporate and other potential markets that drive revenue.
- Understands customer’s business objectives and links TGI solutions to their problems ensuring TGI is viewed as a strategic solutions partner to help them meet their goals.
- Develops a strategic roadmap that aligns customer needs, issues, and opportunities with TGI best practices and existing offerings.
- Prepares detailed financial budget worksheets(costs, margins, etc.) for sales/project opportunities.
- Manages the sales process identifying opportunities, managing the funnel and forecast, handling contract negotiations, and driving deployment of solutions.
- Works with Executive Management to develop variable compensation plans that provide staff incentives based on achievement of forecast milestones.
- Ensures ongoing customer satisfaction during pre-sales and post-sales engagements.
- Identifies and targets specific marketing opportunities to create TGI awareness, build relationships in new markets, with key customers, etc.
- Keeps up to date with competitor new product offerings, pricing and industry changes.
- Submits necessary sales forecast reports to document progress, activities and issues.
- Ensures all personnel attend and successfully complete all required sales, product and process training sessions.
- Performs related duties as assigned or as the situation dictates.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree (preferably in Business, Sales, Marketing or Sports Management) or equivalent work experience.
- Skilled in relating to customers with empathy, creativity, and flexibility.
- Must be an aggressive, motivated, confident, self-starter.
- Knowledgeable in Microsoft office (Excel, Word, PPT).
- Print and digital graphics experience a plus.
- Strong problem-solving skills, solutions minded and proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience (Sports Marketing, Event Management, Print/Large Format Graphics).
- Demonstratedabilitytocommunicate,presentandinfluencecrediblyand effectivelyat alllevelsof theExcellent written and verbal skills.
- Strong ability to build and maintain relationships.Proven consultative sales experience.
- Ability to visualize the process from beginning to end and have a thorough understanding of visual solution plan & preparation, production processes, supplier capabilities, installation & delivery methods and other related tasks
- Ability to multi-task, remain agile and work efficiently within a fast-paced work environment.
- Experience and understanding of materials for use in the field to create cost effective solutions.
- Extraordinary organizational skills, detail oriented, and ability to prioritize multiple projects.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently as well as within a team.
Work Environment: The Vice President, Business Development will work out of our downtown corporate office and, on occasion, our warehouse in Bridgeview, IL.In addition to Monday-Friday work hours, there will be times when you will be required to work some weekends and evenings according to the event calendar. Personal time-off should be planned around heavy periods of event activity and pre-approved by direct supervisor.Some overnight travel (about 25%) to offsite client and event locations is required.
Note: Must be able to perform job duties with or without reasonable accommodation.The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees and is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $150,000.00 to $175,000.00 /year
- Sales Management: 5 years (Preferred)
- Sports Marketing: 5 years (Preferred)
- One location
- Multiple locations
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs
- Other types of insurance
- Flexible schedules
- Workplace perks such as food/coffee and flexible work schedules