Are you a dynamic team player looking for challenging career? The University of Arizona, Mohave County Cooperative Extension is looking for you. This is a .75 FTE, 30 hours per week position located in Kingman, AZ. The Administrative Assistant is a member of the Northwest Regional Business team performing a variety of administrative and financial tasks. Provides primary secretarial and administrative support activities for the Area Agriculture and Natural Resources (AGNR) Assistant Agent. Works under own initiative with limited supervision.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state retirement plan; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been listed by Forbes as one of America’s Best Employers in the United States and WorldatWork and the Arizona Department of Health Services have recognized us for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona, please click here.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Primary support to Agriculture and Natural Resources Agent (AGNR).
- Provide support to Mohave County Cooperative Extension programmatic staff as needed.
- Prompt submission of AG/NR paperwork.
- Assist with the operations of the Mohave County Cooperative Extension office.
- Prepare newsletters and other publications.
- Stay informed about programs and events for Mohave County Cooperative Extension.
- Backup 4-H secretary as needed.
- Make weekly deposits.
- Prepare reports, forms and correspondence.
- Send, receive, and track incoming/outgoing materials.
- Keep inventory of and order office supplies as needed.
- Maintain postage and copy logs by program area in Box.
- Tabulate office phone and walk in contacts and maintain in Box.
- Prepare UA internal forms such as travel, p-cards, leaves etc.
- Plan and arrange conferences or meetings under general instructions from supervisor; communicate arrangements to appropriate individuals.
- Coordinate registration processes and evaluations for courses and workshops.
- Assist in coordinating extension programs, including contacting faculty, speakers and presenters.
- Anticipate and prepare materials as needed.
- Forward Mohave Extension emails to appropriate program area.
- Interface with Mohave Motor pool; make reservations for staff and forward monthly billing to Yavapai business team for payment.
- Maintain meeting room schedule and equipment inventory.
- Maintain website.
- Create and update County Facebook page.
- Ensure office staff are informed of new or revised procedures.
- Maintain calendar(s) for assigned staff, arranging travel reservations and itineraries.
- Periodic driving required.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Ability to plan and prioritize projects to meet deadlines.
- Ability to provide website maintenance and development.
- Ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing.
- Skill in use of personal computer/software.
- Ability to problem solve and make decisions.
- Proficient in MS Office suite programs.
- Experience using Adobe Pro software suite.
- Skill in English composition, grammar, spelling and punctuation.
- Organizational and communication skills.
- Access to reliable transportation and ability to pass DMV check upon employment.
- Ability to drive according to the University Fleet Safety Policy.
Arizona Board of Regents Minimum Qualifications
Four years of directly related experience; OR, a Certificate in Secretarial Science AND three years of directly related experience; OR, any equivalent combination of experience, training and/or education.
- Knowledge of 4-H Program.
- Knowledge of various social media platforms. (ie.; Facebook, Twitter, etc.)
Full Time/Part Time Part Time Number of Hours Worked per Week 30 Job Category Clerical and Office Benefits Eligible Yes - Full Benefits FLSA Non-Exempt Posted Rate of Pay $13.00-$14.95 Per Hour DOE