- Retirement Plan
- Bonus Pay
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
WE ARE VCC
Registered and/or licensed in all 50 states, VCC has built a strong foundation as a leading commercial contractor throughout the nation. We are listed among the top 100 construction companies nationwide,and are proud to be included with the elite among our professional peers. Currently we are one of the top five national contractors with expertise in retail construction and renovation.
Throughout our history VCC has forged relationships through our commitment of timeless tradition and timely technology. This pattern of excellence continues today and is the blueprint for our achievements tomorrow.
NATIONWIDE OPPORTUNITIES AVAILABLE- The Project Superintendent is responsible for the entire construction Project from mobilization to completion, by providing the knowledge, skill and experience to run day-to-day operations on the job site. The Project Superintendents' top priority is field coordination, working closely with the Subcontractor(s) to ensure that they are always focused on quality and workmanship that meet industry standards. The daily direction and coordination of the Project by the Superintendent ensures that the work is carried out safely, correctly, within budget and on schedule.
WE ARE ALSO CURRENTLY HIRING FOR MULTIPLE LOCATIONS. THIS IS A TRAVELING SUPERINTENDENT OPPORTUNITY.
DUTIES AND ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Studies specifications and contractual agreements to plan procedures for construction,ensuring start and finish times, safety, quality,and staffing/subcontractor requirements for each phase of construction job are met.
- Coordinates Expediting List with the Project Engineer for procurement materials to be delivered at specified times to conform to work schedules, in accordance with SOP
- Coordinates Subcontractors work in proper sequence while keeping the overall scheduled completion done. Conducts weekly Subcontractor meetings and reviews 3week short interval schedule, current quality management or activities and overall jobsite safety.
- Confers with and directs supervisory personnel and subcontractors engaged in planning and executing work procedures, interpreting specifications, and coordinating various phases of construction to prevent delays
- Obtains and monitors all permits, building certificates and City inspections.Must become familiar with all local building enforcement procedures, in accordance with SOP.
- Confers with General Superintendents, supervisory and engineering personnel,inspectors, suppliers of materials to resolve construction problems and improve construction methods.
- Enforces the organizations Safety policies in accordance the SOP and also by establishing a climate that emphasizes safety on the job.
- Exhibits sound and accurate judgment.
- Inspects work in progress to ensure that workmanship and materials conform to specifications and the adherence to construction schedules.
- Review Cost Reports and complete Back Charges in accordance with SOP.
- Prepares or reviews reports on progress, materials used and costs, punch lists daily diaries, pictures and adjusts work schedules as indicated by reports.
- Coordinates and approvals all time and material costs with various sub-contractors. Maintains daily paperwork.
- Other Duties as assigned.
At VCC you aren't just an employee; you're an important member of our team. Below are some of the excellent benefits we offer:
- Competitive Wages
- Medical, prescription & dental benefits, life insurance
- 401(k) retirement program
- Profit Sharing
- Wellness Program
- Paid time off
- Living Expenses paid while traveling
- Truck allowance
- Potential Bonus opportunity
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and participate in E-Verify.
Job Type: Full-time
- Construction: 5 years (Required)