- Candidate must be a US Citizen
- Candidate must possess an Active Secret Clearance
- Active Top Secret Clearance a plus
We are looking for a Software Test Engineer with an active secret clearance to work with experience in Data Mngt, Enterprise Apps and automated testing supporting the Department of State.
In this role, he/she will test multiple projects to validate readiness for release, identify, and manage defects in products. The Tester will interface with Project Management and Development teams to cultivate a strong understanding of each project and testing objectives. The Tester will support the design and development of test strategies to perform environment and system integration validation; including ETL, Java Data Access, and web services technology.
The Tester will provide an independent assessment of how the project’s software development process is being implemented relative to the defined process and recommend methods to optimize the organization’s process.
- Build test frameworks: You will architect, design, and implement test automation frameworks from the ground up into a continuous integration and execution model.
- Own and maintain the test strategies for our products and play active roles in leveraging automation tools to intelligently balance regression-testing efforts.
- Coordinate: With development counterparts in overseeing bug tracking, test prioritization, test automation and releases.
- Develop automated testing/productivity tools and work with various stakeholders to ensure maximum utilization.
- Define and document test cases based off the user stories.
- Write automated test scripts using Microsoft Test Manage, Coded UI Test (CUIT) uses Visual Studio IDE.
- Mentor team members in automated test development.
- Contribute towards team estimation and scheduling process.
- Work efficiently and with a high level of energy.
- Document software issues and enhancement requests and assist development with concise and detailed steps for duplication of the defects found while performing manual functional, integration, and regression tests.
- Test Engineer professional with 3+ years of experience and a record of accomplishment of being a difference maker.
- Knowledge of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Desire and ability to learn new skills and improve upon current skills.
- Experience with performance testing of frontend and backend systems.
- Strong skills in C#, Java, SQL.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $70,000.00 to $85,000.00 /year
- software testing: 3 years (Required)
- State Department: 3 years (Required)