Field Clinician (Nurse Practitioner, Physician Assistant, Podiatrist)—WOUND CARE
Are you looking for autonomy, flexibility and financial stability while providing excellent wound care for our patients?
Woundtech may be the place for you!
We have immediate openings for highly motivated and clinically talented Field Clinicians to treat patients in the field. The successful candidate will be responsible for managing the patient’s wound care and visit documentation in a timely and efficient manner. You are compensated very competitively, as you are paid on a Per Patient Visit structure. This means that you have the flexibility to set your schedule, and you can adjust your visits, depending on what fits with your circumstances and lifestyle.
WHO WE ARE
Woundtech is the nation’s leading physician-based provider of wound management services. Since 1999 Woundtech has been on a mission to ensure that anyone, anywhere can get access to the best wound care possible. We’ve been achieving that goal year over year!
With our clinicians’ commitment and dedication to providing the highest quality of care to our patients, we have consistently achieved superior clinical outcomes, and that’s what sets us apart from everyone else.
We do this by providing concierge care to all our patients, and we are committed to living our values of Integrity, Respect, Drive and Innovation every day, with every patient. We are proud of what we do.
Because Woundtech provides expert wound care services wherever the patient resides, we save time and eliminate the cost of co-pays and transportation expenses. Utilizing a telehealth-based platform where bedside clinicians collaborate with wound care nurses in a call center, Woundtech provides comprehensive wound care to health plan and medical group patients, Skilled Nursing Facilities, and Assisted Living Facilities, utilizing the most advanced wound care products.
We have a proven team comprised of fiercely intelligent individuals with tons of energy and an upbeat view of the future. We all act like owners and we get a huge kick out doing great work and doing it fast. We like it even more when we come up with a fresh way to solve a problem. Above all, we are devoted to providing extraordinary wound care, because patient care is at the center of everything of we do.
Why Work for Woundtech?
- Woundtech offers a highly competitive compensation and benefits package, including relocation, along with excellent work/life balance.
- We provide a comprehensive paid training program for all new clinicians, mileage reimbursement, malpractice insurance, as well as full benefits that include health insurance and PTO.
- While other clinical settings limit you to a small glimpse into the episode of care, at Woundtech you are conducting the initial evaluation and all follow on visits with your patients through complete healing of the wound.
- Clinicians will have the support of Wound Certified RN or LPN for consultation and documentation via telehealth web-based technology.
- We make every effort to reduce your travel time between patients—we strive to assign our clinicians as close to their own homes as possible.
- Provision of hands-on care to patients as directed by Woundtech’s needs.
- Debridement of wounds by sharp, enzymatic, autolytic or surgical methods able to be safely completed in the place of patient visit and all associated procedures to complete the debridement.
- Application and management of topical wound care and associated wound management products.
- Direction and recommendation of associated services to improve wound healing outcomes. This includes but is not limited to labs, radiologic tests, vascular tests, referrals, home health care, Vacuum Assisted Closure device, and orthotics.
- Interpretation of diagnostic tests and recommendation of appropriate follow up to same.
- Recommendations for prescription of required medications and/or Durable Medical Equipment or supplies (DME) to facilitate wound healing and/or wound prevention within her/his scope of practice, license and as per the collaborative agreement with the supervising physician.
- Diabetic Foot Ulcer risk assessment for Members with Diabetes, as per the ADA guidelines.
- Education of patients as to the topical and systemic management of their wounds.
- Education of the Primary Care Physician (PCP), CM, or referring Physician on current wound management practices.
- Provision of regular updates to the PCP, CM, or referring Physician on the status of their patient’s systemic conditions associated with wound care. Also, provision of updates on the patient’s wound status that were assessed by ANP or PA or in conjunction with another Woundtech clinician’s assessment.
- Nurse graduate of accredited school of Nursing and Nurse Practitioner program or Physician Assistant graduate of an accredited school for Physician Assistant education.
- Possesses and maintains national certification as NP or PA; wound care certification preferred
- 1-3 years’ experience at the advanced practice level.
- Current, active, unrestricted license as a Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant in the state
- Ability to practice autonomously
- Excellent communication skills.
- Valid and unrestricted driver's license
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in a professional environment
- Hourly paid training and orientation provided.
- Ability to set priorities while managing multiple tasks
- Detail oriented with excellent organizational skills
TO LEARN MORE ABOUT US visit www.woundtech.net (EOE/AAE m/f/d/v
Job Type: Full-time