Pacific Office Automation is currently looking for a Warehouse Leadto join us at our Pleasanton, CA location.
Pacific Office Automation is one of the largest independently-owned document imaging and technology dealers in the nation. We have twenty-five branches located in eight western states.
Our extraordinary growth and reputation in the industry has allowed us to provide resources and opportunities for our employees that are hard to find in other companies within our industry!
We promote a culture of growth and believe that each employee can make a difference—no matter your role or level of experience. At POA, we believe that all voices can and should be heard, regardless of seniority or tenure.
If you are a seasoned warehouse manager with experience in handling all aspects of a warehouse from receiving processes, order fulfillment, coordinating shipping efforts with vendors, increasing productivity and managing/developing a stellar team, we want to hear from you!
Qualifications necessary to be our next Warehouse Lead:
- A proven track record of success in operating all aspects of a warehouse
- An excellent leader who can inspire confidence in their team
- Able to communicate in a professional manner in both written and verbal formats
- Solid job tenure
- Proficient with a variety of computer software and their various applications
- An understanding of common problems that may arise in a warehouse and the can-do attitude to solve these problems
- Familiar with various shipping and logistics systems
- The ability to think quickly and resolve issues as they come up
- 4-year Bachelor’s degree in Distribution, Business, Transportation or related fields is preferred (or 5+ years of warehouse management experience)
- A competitive background. We need bold, highly motivated people. POA rewards over-achievers and independent thinkers.
Daily duties as our Warehouse Lead:
- Handling the receipt of merchandise and maintaining an efficient inventory control system
- Supervising all areas of the order fulfillment process
- Coordinating with vendors to order warehouse supplies
- Disputing any unresolved claims both internally and externally
- Troubleshooting problems and maintaining equipment
- Gradually observing and evaluating existing processes and procedures; adjusting processes and procedures to improve overall efficiency
- Utilizing computer programs to track and run warehouse functions
- Determining cost effective shipping methods and negotiating shipping contracts when necessary
- Maintaining a clean, safe, and positive working environment
- Managing a team to produce the highest quality of work
- This position is a working position! You WILL be required at times to work on the floor alongside all other warehouse workers. This position is NOT a fully supervisory position.
Why work for Pacific Office Automation?
As a Warehouse Lead at POA, you'll enjoy:
- An aggressive and competitive compensation plan
- Trips, clubs, awards, group events, team building
- A strong team-player environment
- An aggressive 401k program (100% match) since 1987
- A full medical/dental/vision plan
- FSA programs
Just as we aim to help our customers grow their businesses through technology, we offer our own employees growth opportunities to reach their career goals.
Among our company goals, we aim to be a long-term employer. That means providing employees with the training and certification they need to keep up with the fast-changing technology of our office machines, devices, and software.
Apply today to hear more about our company and the opportunities that we have to offer!
Job Types: Full-time, Commission
- Warehouse Supervision: 1 year (Preferred)
- Team Leading: 1 year (Preferred)
- Management: 1 year (Preferred)
- Inventory Control: 1 year (Preferred)
- Shipping & Receiving: 1 year (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Driver's License (Required)