Position: Software/Web Developer(SharePoint Dev)
Location: Fort Meade, MD
Clearance: MUST have Top Secret/SCI.
Clearance must be verifiable in JPAS. WE CANNOT UPGRADE YOUR CLEARANCE
OBJECTIVE AND SCOPE:
The contractor shall provide non-personal services to support the JS J6 DD CIO/ITS mission in four key functional areas: Knowledge Engineering, Information Technology Support, Information Technology (IT) Project Management, and eDocument, Task and Records Management (eDTRM).
Knowledge Engineering (KE). The Joint Staff J6 Deputy Directorate for CIO/ITS provides technology synergy and requirements assistance to the Directorates, Senior Leadership, and the National Military Command Center via a team of embedded or centrally managed Knowledge Engineers. The team enables synergy by integrating requirements, initiatives, and developments to leverage JS knowledge and information to facilitate the JS decision-making process.
Joint Staff Information Environment Assessment:
- the contractor shall continually assess the Joint Staff Information Environment and recommend improvements using IT and collaborative tools to allow JS leaders to better leverage the JS knowledge and make timely, informed decisions.
- The contractor shall assess the utilization of IT capabilities and recommend IT process improvement initiatives.
- The contractor shall conduct technical analysis (as directed by the government) to enable data driven decisions to identify options or to validate courses of action in development and execution of Enterprise level services.
- The contractor shall provide data supported recommendations on Directorate proposed IT requirements, to include utility, integration and supportability of applications within the Enterprise and the Joint Information Environment (JIE).
Portal and Collaborative Tool Development and Support:
- Joint Staff’s primary means of sharing information is through Sharepoint-based portals on NIPR and SIPR. The objective is to develop smart, consolidated, and aligned IT solutions across the Joint Staff and to provide problem resolution and mission-oriented customer technical interface.
- The contractor shall develop SharePoint and Knowledge Management tools based in support of user requirements.
- The contractor shall review and provide recommendations to Joint Staff Baseline Requirements Documents.
- The contractor shall develop workflows to streamline Joint Staff business processes.
- The contractor shall support the JS in development of a Knowledge Management strategy in which the JS will centralize data, standardize data elements, share database information, utilize common IT systems, and expose IT data/services for maximum information sharing.
- The contractor shall create, maintain, archive and present metrics in support of Joint Staff Knowledge Management transformation and process improvement efforts
- The contractor shall provide support to transition to newer KM/collaborative tool platforms and, if required, support transition/moving data to Enterprise hosted sites.
- The contractor shall keep the customer abreast of status, resolve issues as needed and facilitate solutions using enterprise IT capabilities and ensure services are aligned with the JS enterprise architecture, interoperable services and network centric enterprise services.
- The contractor shall provide recommendations and input in the development and/or update of Joint Staff Knowledge Management Directives
- The contractor shall provide 24/7 support to the NMCC/NJOIC and Joint Staff Crisis Management Team for real world events as well as exercises. The contractor shall assist in standing up and tearing down the Crisis Management Team (CMT) collaborative tools in preparation for exercises and actual events with on-site (2) hour response during CMT activation/operations.
- The contractor shall provide support to Site R as necessary on an as-needed basis (during exercises and other events).
- The contractor shall provide on-site 24 hour response time to the assignment of Directorate KE requirements once input into the established "KE task/project tracker".
- The contractor shall provide dedicated support to the Joint Staff Top 7 senior leaders and the National Military Command Center (NMCC) and the National Joint Operations and Intelligence Center (NJOIC).
- The contractor shall develop training resources to assist Joint Staff Users and Site Owners fully leverage the implementation of Knowledge Management tools.
IAT II 8570 Baseline Certification -Sec+CE or equivalent
KEs required to have a Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer (MCSD): App Builder Certification or previous MCSD: SharePoint Applications.
Education and Experience:
- Senior KEs will have a
- Master of Science degree from an accredited college in Engineering or Computer Science with a minimum of
- Five (5) years of related task related experience, OR a
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in Engineering or Computer Science with a minimum of
- Five (5) years of related task related experience.
- Junior KEs will have a
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in Engineering or Computer Science with a minimum of AND
- Two (2) years of related task related experience.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract