Payroll Specialist with Global Money Manager
Global asset manager is seeking a payroll specialist to join their client service team. This team is responsible for accounting, payroll and human resources services to family office clients. This role is accountable and responsible for all aspects of payroll for assigned family office clients. ADP and three plus years of experience is required along with exceptional attention to detail and collaborative, positive attitude.
- Process full cycle weekly, bi-weekly and semi-monthly payroll for 150+ employees a wide variety of entities.
- Fulfills process of obtaining information for payroll; verifies hours, responds to questions and resolves problems.
- Calculate daily and weekly hours from submitted timesheets.
- Audit, calculate and process one-time and recurring payroll data such as bonus, reimbursements, vacation time, insurance, 401(k) deductions and other supplemental wages.
- Work closely with the Family Office HR team to obtain payroll data including salary adjustments, special payments, tax allocations and employee deductions.
- Research and promptly resolve employee/client/system issues, requests and inquiries.
- Actively participate in payroll policy development and documentation.
- Exercise high degree of confidentiality relative to all payroll information and employee privacy initiatives.
- Help drive high client satisfaction through excellent customer service, prompt follow-up, seamless vendor management and proactive problem-solving.
- Keep abreast of the payroll processing system and changes in wage and tax laws, and correspond with federal, state, and local tax agencies on behalf of family office clients.
- Prepare Excel reports for payroll entries.
- Maintain employer payroll information, including filing for new state EINs.
- Establish and maintain a positive working relationship with internal team and clients to promote a quality service image.
- 5+ years of payroll processing experience
- Associate's degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school.
- Solid understanding of recent ADP Workforce Now strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of federal, state (CA & NY) and local payroll tax regulations.
- Proven competence in MS Office, data entry and office equipment.
- Excel (pivot, vlookup) experience required.
- Proven ability in customer service, and problem resolution.
- Excellent written, oral, and presentation communication skills.
- Excellent organizational, planning, and prioritization skills.
$90-110k plus bonus and great benefits and perks