Amazon Advertising is dedicated to driving measurable outcomes for brand advertisers, agencies, authors, and entrepreneurs. Our ad solutions—including sponsored, display, video, and custom ads—leverage Amazon’s innovations and insights to find, attract, and engage intended audiences throughout their daily journeys. With a range of flexible pricing and buying models, including self-service, managed service, and programmatic ad buying, these solutions help businesses build brand awareness, increase product sales, and more.
Amazon Advertising is looking for a Business Intelligence Analyst who can work in a fast paced, data-driven environment. The selected candidate will have a passion for making data driven decisions. Successful attributes include the ability to be an effective communicator to various audiences, the capacity to remain flexible and adept at learning new tools, and the facility to implement new systems within a team atmosphere. Our environment is deadline driven and fast paced and therefore requires detail-oriented individuals comfortable interacting or working with multiple teams (business and technical).
As you further your career as a Business Intelligence Analyst in Amazon Advertising, you will focus on improving corporate reporting frameworks and data visualization. You will analyze performance data, discover and solve real world problems and build metrics and business cases to improve decision making. We are focused on your success and want to build strong leaders within Amazon Advertising. You can expect to leverage your analytical skills and have full ownership of the projects you work on.
Responsibilities may include:
- Day to Day operations reporting.
- Work with teams from across Amazon to improve data quality within their respective products and platforms
- Identify root causes of data issues and develop solutions
- Work with software developers / data engineers to improve data quality on our state-of-the-art platforms
- Report results in a manner which is both statistically rigorous and compellingly relevant.
- Model data and metadata to support ad-hoc and pre-built reporting.
- Own the design, development, and maintenance of ongoing metrics, reports, analyses, dashboards, etc. to drive key business decisions.
- Drive operational excellence for data ingestion, transformation and publication to ensure confidence in the systems we build.
- Recognize and adopt best practices in reporting and analysis: data integrity, test design, analysis, validation, and documentation.
- Triage many possible courses of action in a high-ambiguity environment, making use of both quantitative analysis and business judgment
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Engineering or a related field
- 2+ years of professional experience in analytics, business analysis or comparable consumer analytics position
- Advanced working knowledge of data mining using SQL, ETL, data warehouse as well as Excel
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills and an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams.
- Proven problem solving skills, project management skills, attention to detail, and exceptional organizational skills
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and competing objectives in a fast paced environment
- Masters degree is preferred
- 3+ years of relevant experience in a business analyst/data analyst/statistical analysis role.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity
- Understanding of data warehousing, data modeling concept and building new DW tables