This Administrative Assistant will work with BelovED's School Business Administrator
(SBA), who oversees the school's business operations and serves as Secretary to the school's Board of Trustees.
The Administrative Assistant will assist the SBA in the areas of purchasing, payroll and benefits, and human resources and credentials management.
BelovED is a high-performing charter school in Jersey City, NJ. In SY14-15, the NJ Department of
Education ranked BelovED as the top public school in New Jersey for pace of student learning growth, among schools serving demographically similar students. The school presently serves 1,200 students in grade levels K-9. It will be adding an additional grade level and an additional 120 students in each of the next several years until, in SY22-23, it serves 1,560 students in grade levels K-12.
REPORTING AND STAFF RELATIONSHIPS
The Administrative Assistant will report to the SBA and will work closely with the SBA, the school's Director of Operations, and the school's main office staff.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $47,500.00 to $55,000.00 /year
Pay may depend on skills and/or qualifications
- administrative: 2 years (Required)
- Purchasing: 1 year (Preferred)
- Payroll: 1 year (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
- Expense reports
- Processing payments
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
This Job Is:
- A good fit for applicants with gaps in their resume, or who have been out of the workforce for the past 6 months or more
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma