Oak Crest is an 87-acre continuing care retirement community in Parkville, 20 miles from Baltimore. We’re dedicated to one important mission-helping out residents live life to the fullest.
Managed by Erickson Living, a national leader in the retirement industry, Oak Crest combines the opportunities of a big organization with the warmth of a family. Our talented team brings passion and heart to all that they do, creating a dynamic workplace like no other.
No wonder so many of our employees proudly call Oak Crest their home away from home.
We are currently looking for a part time (24 hours a week) Geriatric Assessment Coordinator, to join the Resident Life Department.
The Resident Services Coordinator II position is a unique role in that the scope of responsibility and coverage is dependent on the community size and resident interests. The focus of this position is on resident engagement in the community and enjoyment of daily life. Inclusive is the new resident experience, psychosocial support where requested, as well as offering/coordinating potential services to in the independent living setting.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Conducts Pre-Residency Meetings for potential independent living residents.
2. Collaborates effectively with internal departments on a variety of resident issues and provides education to staff as appropriate.
3. Responds to residents in need of psychosocial or supportive services, either through direct referral (from families, other residents, staff, etc.), or by the review of incident reports.
4. Provides psychosocial support to residents and their families, individually, via family meetings or support groups and assists through the transition process to a higher level of care.
5. Assesses, intervenes, and works to resolve issues regarding residents’ care and safety.
6. Develops referral network within the community for available services, and makes appropriate referrals to and consults with other professional services as indicated.
7. Participates in the education of residents about the importance of Advance Directives, and facilitates completion of such documents.
8. May be asked to participates in marketing events and tours.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written, verbal and listening skills.
- Ability to work independently, implement plans, and has excellent problem solving skills.
- Computer skills required. Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite software.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field required.
- Three years of working in a senior setting preferred.
- Knowledge of geriatric population and dementia preferred.
: Geriatric Assessment Coord
United States-Maryland-Parkville :
Social Services :
Oct 18, 2018, 2:27:17 PM :