Are you a Chicagoland (IL) resident who's currently unemployed, working under 32 hours a week, or working outside your professional field or expertise? Apply for this role through Skills — we support you through the interview process and connect qualified candidates directly with hiring managers at our network employer partners. These leading local and national companies are committed to hiring diverse talent through Skills.
Hiring Company: Ulta Beauty
Ulta Beauty is the largest beauty retailer that provides one-stop shopping for prestige, mass and salon products and salon services in the United States. Ulta Beauty provides affordable indulgence to its customers by combining unmatched product breadth, value and convenience with the distinctive environment and experience of a specialty retailer. Ulta Beauty, through its stores and ulta.com, offers a unique combination of over 20,000 prestige and mass beauty products across the categories of cosmetics, fragrance, haircare, skincare, bath and body products and salon styling tools, as well as salon haircare products. Ulta Beauty also offers a full-service salon in all of its stores. Founded in 1990 and headquartered near Chicago, Ulta Beauty employs more than 16,000 associates.
Position Summary: Beauty Advisor
The Beauty Advisor is under direct supervision of store management. This individual is responsible for providing an exceptional experience for all Ulta guests by engaging each guest to determine their individual needs, keeping fixtures stocked with merchandise, maintaining overall store cleanliness and completing tasks as assigned.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (*Essential Functions)
- Makes eye contact, smiles, and promptly acknowledges and greets each guest entering the store, or guests within close proximity while moving throughout the store.
- Offers friendly, knowledgeable and courteous service. Understands that guest service is the top priority and ceases performing tasks when guests are present and in need of assistance.
- Determines each guest’s needs and answers questions concerning products and services. If necessary, partners with management to ensure the guest’s needs are met.
- While serving guests, recommends additional and complementary products and/or services based on information provided by the guest or items already selected for purchase.
- Informs guests of current promotions, events and services within the store.
- Is able to serve multiple guests at one time while maintaining composure during busy or peak selling times.
- Contributes to the store’s overall sales, conversion goals, and meets or exceeds individual goals.
- Helps to eliminate and/or reduce potential theft of product by providing exceptional guest service and maintaining awareness while on the sales floor.
- Courteously handles sales, refunds and exchanges. Ensures that the correct price, tax and/or discount are applied correctly to each sale.
- Ensures all resets and planograms are executed as directed.
- Sets up advertising displays or arranges merchandise to highlight sales and promotional events.
- In between serving guests, ensures the store is replenished throughout the day and merchandises all products to company standards on shelves and tables.
- Participates in physical inventory preparation, execution and follow-up.
- Executes receipt of shipment truck within company guidelines.
- Executes other operational tasks as directed by management.
- Responsible for overall store cleanliness including restrooms, cashwrap, backroom and sales floor.
- Takes the initiative to stay informed regarding new or existing products is knowledgeable about their ingredients and benefits to better serve guests.
- High school diploma, 1 year relevant work experience or equivalent combination of education and relevant work experience.
- 1 year retail experience preferred.
- Demonstrates a passion for guest service and a competency for selling.
- Ability to troubleshoot.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to build and maintain strong customer relationships.
Multiple locations throughout the Chicagoland area
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $15.00 - $19.00 per hour
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends as needed
- Are you currently unemployed or underemployed (working under 32 hours/week or outside your professional field)?
- Do you currently live in the Chicagoland area in Illinois?
- Do you have availability to work weekends?
- Are you at least 16 years old?
- Customer service: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: In person