Are you looking for a great company to have a meaningful driving career with?
Are you newer to commercial driving and looking for an opportunity to gain experience with a professional company with a training program? - JOIN BAKER! Why:
- Receive a $7,500 signing bonus (paid in installments over the first 15 months)
- Get great training and experience while earning thesigning bonus!
- Fantastic benefits - paid family medical and defined benefit pension plan
- Local routes sleep in your own bed
- Great Company that is employee, community and family-focused
- Baker is a recycling company dedicated to saving the environment
Our grease trap pumping service allows us to safely remove and dispose of trap grease and waste water from restaurant interceptor systems in accordance with local ordinances and environmental regulations.
Visit our website https://bakercommodities.com/services/ for more information about the important contributions of this position.
Pay Range: $34.06 per hour
Job Purpose: Safe and timely operation of Commercial Vehicle and equipment to collect, transport and deliver company product.
- Check vehicle to ensure that mechanical, safety and emergency equipment is in clean and good working order
- Collect delivery instructions from appropriate sources and verify instructions and routes
- Drive assigned vehicle on designated route
- Follow appropriate safety procedures for transporting goods
- Report vehicle defects, accidents, traffic violations or damage to vehicles
- Maintain logs of working hours, vehicle service, or repair status following state and federal regulations
- Record information such as weight/volume, mileage, time and fuel consumption
- Operate equipment such as GPS navigation and radio/phone to exchange information with supervisors or other points of contact
- Plan/adjust routes based on changing conditions using navigation equipment to maximize fuel efficiency
- Load or unload trucks using specialized equipment as necessary
- Interact with others in a professional and ethical manner
- Follow department and company procedures
- Keep up regular attendance and punctuality; regular attendance and punctuality are essential for the smooth operation of this company
- Other duties as assigned