The Business Solutions Technician will be responsible for performing commercial cabling and network equipment installations for the AM Communications Business Solutions Department. The Technician must perform all job functions at a consistently high level of performance.
WHO ARE WE?
AM Communications Business Solutions is an installation service provider that has set itself apart from the competition with our focus on integrity, quality, and the Customer Experience. We provide a broad range of services to the Telecommunication industry.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform installation and service of low voltage category cabling, communications cabling, coaxial cabling and other low voltage cabling.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot cabling infrastructure systems and make repairs as necessary.
- Install and set up commercial routers, switches, wireless access points, and other network-related equipment.
- Work directly with our client support team to provide remote access to a network and assist with configuration and troubleshooting of network systems.
- Interact and provide clear and accurate communication to project coordinators on job status, issues, customer concerns, delays and completion. This will require verbal and electronic communications, which must be done in accordance with established timeframes.
- Accurately complete project documents, then collect and submit them to AM Communications Support and Client Project Team. Documents must be submitted on time and using required tools.
- Interpret blueprints and other project documents. These will include, but are not limited to, specifications, reporting and quality requirements.
- Maintain a clean and organized company vehicle. Ensure all tools, equipment and materials are kept organized.
- Track, order and audit project materials, such as cabling. The Business Solutions Technician must account for all materials used on job sites.
- Must work well in a team environment. Certain projects will require multiple Business Solutions Technicians. In some cases, projects will also include team members from other vendors. It is the responsibility of the AM Communications Business Solutions Technician to create an environment where all individuals can work together.
- Must be flexible and able to travel to project sites for up to one week at a time.
- Accommodate on-call schedule rotation with other Business Solutions Technicians.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to prioritize, organize and multi-task effectively.
- Ability to learn and support new and quickly changing technologies.
- Ability to research solutions or information regarding technical issues.
- Must present a positive, professional image to employees, customers, and clients in all interactions.
- Must have excellent communication skills, a positive attitude and a high energy level, and work extremely well with people.
- Must possess strong oral and written communication skills.
- Must be punctual. Many of our projects have hard start and stop times; employees must always be on time.
- Must maintain professional standards for grooming, hygiene and appearance at all times.
- Must follow company policies and procedures at all times.
- Ability to pass a nationwide background check, motor vehicle records check and drug screen.
- Must be able to legally work in the United States.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met in order to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The employee must be able to:
- Use a keyboard to enter and retrieve data
- Lift and/or carry 80 lbs. or more.
- Work on a ladder at heights of 28 ft.
- Work in a scissor lift at heights of 50 ft.
- Bend, stand, sit, crawl, climb and lift throughout work shift.
- Work in confined spaces.
- See and distinguish different colors, read small print, and hear and recognize audible signals such as dial tones.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High school graduate or equivalent preferred.
- BICSI Certifications or equivalent preferred.
- Experience in network troubleshooting, installation and troubleshooting of cabling in a commercial environment.
- Please submit your resume.
Job Type: Full-time
- network troubleshooting: 1 year (Required)
- commercial cable installation: 1 year (Required)
- Valid Driver's License (Required)