Building and managing successful communities for more than 37 years, Associa is the worldwide leader in community management with over 10,000 employees operating more than 180 branch offices in the United States, Mexico, Canada, the United Arab Emirates and South Africa. Based in Dallas, Texas, our industry expertise, financial strength, and innovation meet the unique needs of clients across the world with customized services and solutions designed to help communities achieve their vision. To learn more about Associa and its charitable organization, Associa Cares, go to www.associaonline.com or www.associacares.com.
The bi-lingual Administrative Assistant handles tasks outlined herein to assist Community Association Managers (CAM) with daily property operations. Administrative Assistants are to establish and maintain a professional, service-oriented relationship with the Association Managers, other assistants and employees, clients, homeowners, vendors, and service providers. This position involves daily contact with homeowners and board members and requires an individual that is well-spoken, customer service-oriented, and can multi-task at a quick pace.
Full-Time $13.00-$14.00 per hour.
- Organizes and prepares incoming and outgoing correspondence.
- Receives and responds to incoming phone calls and emails from clients and vendors.
- Interprets client account ledgers, replies to client account balance inquiries, researches discrepancies.
- Prepares and tracks time sensitive forms for clients and vendors
- Updates client database - contact information [address, phone, email] – enter notes into client accounts
- Maintains vendor database - add/update vendor information, obtain w9 and proof of insurance
- Prepares documentation for accounts payable vouchers and submits invoices for payment
- Processes print jobs, scanning and faxing as needed
- Uses Excel, software and computer systems to track projects
- Other duties as assigned.
- Requires a high school diploma or GED; Bachelors or Associates degree preferred.
- 1-3 years of directly related clerical or administrative support experience required; HOA, property management or condominium management related experience is a plus
- Advanced use of MS Office 2007 or later, particularly Excel and Word. Must be able to adapt to management software and computer programs being utilized by company.
- Accounting experience preferred.
- Ability to interpret and follow verbal and written instructions
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing and exercise diplomacy. Bi-lingual a plus.
- Knowledge of business correspondence including rules of grammar, sentence structure, punctuation, and spelling
- Interpersonal skills necessary to effectively interface with all levels of personnel and work in a team environment
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality of records and to use discretion in the performance of daily activities
- Must be able to perform diversified but semi-repetitive operations following standardized methods and procedures under changing conditions.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $13.00 - $14.00 per hour
- Dental Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Vision Insurance
- Data Entry: 1 year (Preferred)
- administrative: 1 year (Required)
- Customer Service: 1 year (Preferred)
- HOA, Condo, or Property Management: 1 year (Preferred)
- Accounting: 1 year (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Only full-time employees eligible