BS/BA Degree in Finance or Accounting required.
Passionate about and an advocate for customer service, both external and internal.
The ideal candidate will be a performance leader and growth champion for Fabric.com who can demonstrate evidence of stretch assignments that reflect strong performance in previous roles. He or she should have a strong track record within the finance and accounting functions and experience working in rapidly changing environments which required changes in resource allocation. The candidate will be able to independently lead the finance and accounting functions, be hands on and in the details, and provide strategic and financial insights to promote the use of metrics and scorecards to drive the business. To be effective, the CFO must demonstrate a passion for success and be willing and able to offer hands-on methods for meeting business objectives. Likewise, they should be a proven leader and a collaborative business partner to the executive team and completely sufficient in driving business in conjunction with defined objectives in the absence of the CEO/General Manager.
Professional traits that are not unique to this position, but necessary for Amazon leaders:
- Ability to think strategically and to help formulate and drive strategic business improvements proactively
- Disciplined and must have unwavering integrity and high ethical standards
- Exhibits excellent judgment
- Strategic Vision and Leadership Skills
- Expects and requires innovation of her/his team
- Excellent communications skills
- Problem Solving Abilities
- Results oriented with a strong work ethic
- Has he innate ability to inspire passion in others
We are the leading, online fabric store that specializes in fabric, patterns, notions, and accessories to bring your fabric dreams to your doorstep. Whether you are shopping for quilt, home décor, or apparel fabrics, we offer incredible prices and fantastic selection. Located just outside Atlanta, Fabric.com is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Amazon.com. Join us as we inspire and empower the world to create through arts, crafts and sewing.
Fabric.com focuses on providing value to our customers to be the destination for fabric both consumer and business customers as we grow both the top and bottom lines of the business. A critical element of executing this strategy is the placement of a qualified financial expert who will act as a subject matter expert, transformer, challenger, architect, and responder for Fabric.com. As we execute our growth strategy and expand the business in a lean environment, the CFO will need to meet four fundamental criteria.
Transformer – As a transformer, the CFO will be a critical member of the leadership team and will work with them to shape and execute Fabric.com’s long-term strategy. The CFO will be key in developing and driving operational and financial changes which contribute to a scalable, profitable business.
Challenger – As a challenger, the CFO and finance organization act as stewards of future value in the strategy process by critically examining the risks to, and expected returns on, different strategy alternatives. This can be a difficult balance of rigorously challenging approaches while continuing to be viewed and valued as a growth and prudent risk-oriented team member.
Architect - In combination with business leaders the CFO has a crucial role helping shape strategy choices and applying finance strategies to complement and maximize the value of particular strategies.
Responder – As a responder, the CFO, along with the finance organization, will support Fabric’s development by helping key business leaders quantitatively analyze the financial implications of different strategic and operational choices.
This position reports to the CEO/General Manager. The ideal candidate is hands-on, a leader, business partner, coach, mentor, and able to identify areas in need of process improvement then implement those improvements. The CFO will help define the processes and implement the infrastructure/systems needed to support substantial growth, including the implementations of new ERP and WMS systems. They will direct the fiscal functions of the corporation in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles issued by the Financial Accounting Standards Board, the Securities and Exchange Commission, and other regulatory and advisory organizations and in accordance with financial management techniques and practices appropriate within the industry.
The position requires someone with a unique blend of individual expertise generated from a more established company combined with passion, self-motivation, and discipline who is dedicated to internal and external customer service and the growth of Fabric.com. As a member of the senior management team, the CFO will be involved in strategic planning, evaluation, and professional development initiatives and participate in key decisions.
The CFO must be willing to take on other functional and even programmatic responsibilities in addition to finance and accounting. It is a hands-on position for a proven leader with professional business acumen and charisma who will represent Fabric.com with its corporate entity but also one who is willing to roll up their sleeves and deliver practical financial support and mentoring as necessary. There is an emphasis on securing someone with demonstrated leadership ability, team management, and interpersonal skills to manage the delicate blend of holding people accountable while also embracing team accomplishments.
Key Strategic Objectives:
Focus and Deliverables in First 12 Months:
- Support implementation of new ERP system
- Drive Fabric multi-year system integration with Amazon including financial systems
- Partner with CEO/General Manager in the following areas:
- Generate Operating Plan which delivers on OM% and growth expectations.
- Driving stability in inventory asset management for increased confidence and control and perfection of customer order fulfillment
- (Accomplishing the above while financially supporting information security and system integration requirements).
MBA preferred. Financial accreditations desirable.
Ideal Candidate Profile:
- Experience providing support to customer-facing Operations especially in a Fulfillment Center Environment
- Experience providing financial support to Retail entity, ideally e-commerce
- Experience with an ERP implementation
- Exceptional influencing and negotiation skills
- Exceptional attention to detail and organizational details
- Able to work in an ambiguous “internet speed” environment
- Knowledge of accounting reporting system such as SQL, Cognos, Access, Oracle Financials, and/or Essbase
- Demonstrated leadership ability, team management, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to maintain in-depth relationships with all members of the management team
- Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Knowledge of automated financial and accounting reporting systems
- Knowledge of federal and state financial regulations
- Ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports, statements, and projections
- Work requires professional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to motivate teams to produce quality materials within tight timeframes and simultaneously manage several projects
- Proven ability to lead teams effectively
- Ability to participate in and facilitate group meeting
- Able to prioritize in complex, fast-paced environment • Formal training in tax and accounting
- Substantial experience using fully-integrated ERP system