OBJECTIVE: Responsible for the processing of bi-weekly payroll, including overseeing all aspects related to the time and attendance system; distribute, receive, and process new Team Member paperwork; oversee the new hire HR Onboarding process; maintain Team Member records, produce Team Member reports; and coordinate the trial/probationary period and annual performance evaluation processes. Manage the administration of insurance programs, including enrollments, terminations and changes; FMLA leave tracking; and workers? compensation. Provide support for various initiatives related to human resources.
ACCOUNTABILITIES/ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS include, but are not limited to:
A. Administer COSI?s bi-weekly payroll.
1. Prepare, process, and review all aspects of the bi-weekly payroll process; ensure payroll is processed accurately and on-time; add new Team Members and process terminations and/or changes; respond to Team Member inquiries regarding all payroll issues; and produce bi-weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual reports.
2. Oversee the time clock and time/attendance system by adding new Team Members, setting up and deleting users, providing assistance and training to supervisors, and running bi-weekly, monthly, quarterly, and/or annual reports.
3. Oversee the Benefits Administration and Document Cloud modules in Workforce Now system.
B. Manage the administration of COSI?s insurance programs.
1. Explain benefit package options to new Team Members; process and track enrollment changes; FSA plan management; issue FMLA and COBRA notifications; produce reports regarding enrollment status; record-keeping; and assist with annual 5500 tax filings.
2. Manage the Workers' Compensation program, including acting as liaison between COSI, BWC, workers? compensation group, and managed care organization (MCO). Represent COSI at monthly Safety Council meetings as needed.
C. Coordinate the Performance Evaluation processes.
1. Oversee the logistics of the Trial/Probationary period evaluation of new Team Members. Send out reminders to Supervisors and receive and track completed evaluations.
2. Oversee the logistics of the Annual Performance Excellence Plan of all Team Members. Send out communications to Team and receive and track completed evaluations.
D. Compile policies and procedures.
1. Annually, and as needed, audit the required employment posters to ensure compliance with local, state, and federal regulations. Update all hard-copy and electronic postings as needed.
2. Maintain the COSI Team Manual. Update all hard copy and electronic policies and procedures as needed.
3. In conjunction with the other members of the COSI Human Resources Team, develop and update COSI policies and procedures as needed.
E. Provide Team Member employment assistance.
1. In conjunction with the other members of the COSI Human Resources Team, respond to Team Member requests and questions regarding payroll, insurance, Paid Time Off, and/or any other aspect of their COSI employment, promptly and positively, while ensuring a high level of confidentiality at all times.
F. Construct and maintain Team Member permanent records (electronic and hard copy).
1. Receive, review, and process new Team Member paperwork; ensuring timely entry into the payroll and time/attendance systems.
2. On an on-going basis, distribute and collect appropriate forms; process information concerning placements, transfers, and terminations; and purge outdated records as appropriate.
G. Other duties include but are not limited to:
1. Prepare monthly list of paid Team anniversaries for recognition in the Monday Memo (Team newsletter).
2. Maintain the Team Directory and Organizational Charts.
3. Support general COSI operations through participation in meetings as appropriate.
4. Serve as an example to other COSI Team Members and Volunteers in matters of appearance, attitude, and performance in a manner best serving COSI paid and Volunteer Team Members and Guests.
5. In accordance with COSI's Guest Services Strategy, and as opportunities present themselves, provide excellence in Guest Services by assuring Guest safety, using courtesy to drive each Guest interaction, by delivering the COSI show, and by keeping operations efficient.
6. Perform other duties as assigned by the Director of Human Resources. Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or a related field, plus a minimum 2 years of experience working in Human Resources required. Advanced knowledge of ADP Workforce Now Essential Plus Payroll and Time and Attendance is required. Experience with ADP Workforce Now HCM, Recruitment and Talent Acquisition, Benefits Administration and Document Cloud preferred. Candidate must have a working knowledge of accepted HR principals, employment law compliance and State and Federal regulations. PHR or SHRM-CP certification is a plus.
Ideal candidate must possess a professional demeanor and attitude, and a high level of confidentiality and sensitivity to proprietary information. Excellent organizational and problem solving skills with strong attention to detail and accuracy, ability to manage multiple tasks and adjust quickly to changing priorities, excellent verbal and written communication skills, demonstrated aptitude with Microsoft Office Suite and HRIS software and ability to build relationships by working efficiently and effectively with individuals at all levels of the organization is essential.