Space is not a place to go, it’s a place to do and at Lockheed Martin Space, we do difficult. In other words, we design stuff and send it into space whether it’s to Mars, taking samples of asteroids or building software defined satellites. We also like thinking beyond today and we want you to feel the same.
Lockheed Martin Space is also embarking on a transformational journey for our business and employees – destination the future. The focus within LM Space is to innovate our business practices through Digital Transformation (DT) and other business transformation approaches. This is our path to the future with its interconnected environment where data becomes information and information drives decisions that create value. Change Management & Organization Design are essential capabilities for organizations to prepare, manage, reinforce and sustain the transformation. Embedding change management and org design principles, processes and tools and leveraging opportunities to integrate with other initiatives throughout the business will ensure that changes in technology, process, product and people practices can realize their intended business and employee engagement outcomes. To help us along this journey, Space is seeking an experienced and passionate Organizational Development consultant to support business innovation and transformation efforts at Space.
This role will support and work closely with the Business Innovation Transformation and Enterprise Excellence organization. The successful candidate will be responsible for partnering on enterprise transformation efforts to ensure they are successful. This includes complex organizational transformation, culture evolution, assessing appropriate organizational design as well as change management of Digital Transformation efforts. This role will also work closely with corporate efforts underway as well as the human capital innovation team.
Here are the core focus areas you will lead or be involved in:
- Organizational development support for the Business Innovation Transformation and Enterprise Excellence organization (leadership off-sites, change management, org design, metrics, etc.)
- Partner and consult with select Space functions in the areas of change management, culture evolution, org design, leadership off-sites and strategic transformation efforts
- Facilitate team development, leadership off-sites, focus groups, trainings, etc.
- Support and help develop analytics, metrics and reporting to show the impact of the work underway
- Partner with HR Centers of Excellence to ensure integrated efforts
- Partner closely with the Digital Transformation Change Lead to develop & support the execution of a holistic change management plan
- Leading the assessment of required changes and the subsequent development of Organizational Change Management (OCM) strategies/plans for the Digital Transformation technical teams
- Integrate with other Space and LM initiatives and change strategies
- Proactively engaging with stakeholders (executives, leaders and employees) affected by the change
- Partner with Communications, project leads, subject matter experts and other organizational development, operational excellence and change leads in the development of communication and training plans to support change
- Collaborate with HR to align culture initiatives, corporate/BA initiatives and change management strategies
- Performs other related duties and assignments as required
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant psychology or business major such as business administration, human resource management, organization development, organizational behavior, or industrial-organizational psychology.
- At least 7 years of experience with OE, management/leadership development, and/or OD principles.
- Experience deploying complex change management, organization effectiveness and team effectiveness
- Strong verbal and written communication skills including experience presenting to executives
- Well-developed relationship and consultative skills, including proven ability to influence without positional power, and ability to establish and maintain broad networks
- Ability to interact with all organizational levels with credibility, and ability to manage conflict with key stakeholders that results in desired outcomes
- Demonstrated project management and organizational skills with the ability to execute with and through others while managing multiple projects and changing priorities
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook, SharePoint, Project, etc.)
- Project management experience with good attention to detail, organizational skills, and experience managing multiple high visibility projects
- Ability to balance thinking strategically and creating detailed project plans
- Knowledge and demonstrated application of organization development principles such as organization design, team effectiveness, consulting, and metrics/analytics
- Experience with Prosci’s Change Management
- Change management experience applied to Digital Transformation
- Experience with applying change management in Agile teams
- Experience with research and data collection methods including focus groups, subject matter expert interviews, surveys, etc.
- Passionate about technology and transformation
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.