We are currently seeking a Lead Work Planner
to join our team. We are looking for an energetic professional who enjoys working outdoors and values the freedom of working independently. If you enjoy a fast-paced environment and the challenges of a rewarding profession, consider a career in vegetation management with ECI. This role is ideal for entry-level professionals looking to gain experience in the green industry, or for seasoned professionals interested in changing careers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Inspect and assess customer requests for pruning or removals.
- Secure clear rights-of-way for new line and pole construction.
- Handle customer complaints related to scheduled pruning and/or completed pruning.
- Audit tree contractor’s work for compliance with utility’s specifications.
- Audit and coach current work planners and timesheets.
- Responsible for new hire as well as on-going training.
- Assist in storm and emergency situations and other miscellaneous line clearance projects.
- Assist in investigating and recommending future R-O-W maintenance requirements.
- Operate system forestry computer programs and record systems.
- Communicate daily with the utility client, contractors, landowners and the general public.
- Perform duties in a manner that will promote and maintain good public relations.
- Assume other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Physical Demands & Working Environment
- Must be able to read maps and identify tree species.
- Must have 1-2 years of work planning experience.
- A two or four-year degree in Forestry, Environmental Science, or a related field preferred.
- Certification as an ISA Arborist is preferred or must be able to obtain within 3-6 months of employment.
- Must be able to work alone, outdoors in various weather conditions and terrain.
- Must have exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, strong problem solving and multi-tasking abilities and show attention to detail.
- Must be able to adapt to change.
- Must have basic computer skills (Microsoft Suite).
- Being Bi-Lingual (Spanish) is a plus.
The conditions herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Employee must be able to maintain attention and concentration for extended periods of time. Reasonable accommodations, if available, may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
Work alone in an outdoor field environment; vehicle and foot patrol of utility power lines; remote locations as well as urban, city environment; physical demands and travel from site to site, including: walking/hiking on various surfaces including flat, dry, wet, slippery, uneven, rough, steep terrain, hills and slopes; exposure to noise, dust, grease, and all types of weather and temperature conditions; exposure to hazardous traffic conditions
Primary functions require sufficient physical ability and mobility to work in a field environment; to walk, stand, sit, and operate a motor vehicle for prolonged periods of time; to frequently stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, run, crawl, climb, reach, twist, grasp and make repetitive hand movement in the performance of daily duties; carry, push and/or pull light to moderate amounts of weight (5 to 10 lbs.); to operate assigned equipment and vehicles; ability to verbally communicate to exchange information with public; ability to see and hear in normal range with or without correction; operate assigned field equipment, including handheld computer, range finder, fyrake, water backpack, shovel, and traffic cone.
Environmental Consultants, Inc. (ECI) is a leading provider of vegetation and asset management consulting services to the utility industry. Successful professionals at ECI have come from a variety of backgrounds, including: forestry, arboriculture, natural resource management, biology, landscape maintenance, horticulture, nursery management, environmental sciences, geology, agriculture, parks & recreation management, urban forestry, geography, and more. ECI offers exciting career opportunities with an excellent compensation package and ongoing growth potential.
Applicants must pass a pre-employment drug test and a criminal background check.
All candidates must possess a valid driver's license and have a good driving record.