Manages the activities of the Company's Enterprise Desktop Environment which coordinates and plans all activities around the company’s end user commuting environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Analyzes business and technical requirements for IT infrastructure and desktop architecture as it relates to all systems utilized by the end user community.
2. Manages key projects related to field services implementations.
3. Ensures uptime and performance of field systems, designs and develops monitoring systems that provide proactive, rather than reactive notifications to key business and IT members.
4. Provides leadership, direction, team building, coaching and decision making for problem and conflict resolution with project teams and members.
5. Oversees the compilation and analysis of project activity and delivers statistical data and/or reports on project feasibility and progress.
6. Conducts research and makes recommendations on products, services, protocols and standards in support of key IT systems.
7. Oversees the enterprise desktop environment’s performance and provides performance statistics and reports; develops strategies for maintaining acceptable performance.
8. Supervises assigned employees including staff selection and training; planning, assigning and directing work; conducting performance reviews; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
9. Understands and observes all safety procedures and practices and ensures that employees observe all safety procedures and practices in order to prevent injuries or damage; schedules periodic safety meetings and solicits recommended changes to improve safety procedures.
10. Other duties may be assigned.
- Subject matter expert (SME) in IT Infrastructure, technology development and network engineering
- Subject matter expert (SME) in the field services systems
- Experience in project management, process mapping and metrics
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Excellent presentation and facilitation skills
- Strong leadership and management skills, including driving results through people
- Excellent interpersonal, influencing and negotiation skills
- Established strategic and critical analysis skills
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and an enterprise resource planning (ERP) program
- Knowledge of Windows Server 2003, Exchange Server 2007, Active Directory, SQL Server, IIS, Enterprise technologies, Web applications, portals, TCP/IP, Frame Relay, VPN and ATM
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field and six (6) years experience in desktop infrastructure management; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
WORK ENVIRONMENT / PHYSICAL ACTIVITY The work environment and physical activity described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
o Work is in an office setting and generally sedentary with physical effort associated with using a computer, but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time.
o May be required to occasionally lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects up to 25 pounds.
o 50% travel may be required.