Aegis General Insurance Agency Inc., an affiliate of Aegis Security Insurance Company, is seeking a full-time Marketing Representative to join its Marketing team. This position will be based in Missouri.
Founded in 1977, Aegis Group offers a diversified national platform of specialty insurance programs through its insurance companies and its general agency, Aegis General Insurance Agency. Acquired by San Diego-based K2 Insurance Services in 2013, Aegis continues to expand its product offerings and distribution by developing new insurance programs and increasing the number and geographic diversity of its marketing, sales, and support staff.
Aegis offers the opportunity to join an established company in growth mode. Our compensation program includes competitive pay; bonus plan; medical, dental, and vision insurance with no waiting period; paid time-off in year of hire; and 401(k) with employer match.
The Marketing Representative’s primary goal is to maximize sales of Aegis insurance products by building and maintaining strong relationships with multiple distribution channels in his/her assigned region and motivating those distribution partners to sell Aegis products to their clients.
- Manage retail producers primarily in the Mid-Atlantic Region, for growth and profitability while increasing brand awareness of Aegis and of its product offerings.
- Identify, meet with, and on-board high potential distribution partners in the assigned territory.
- Schedule regular meetings with key distribution partners identified as “high potential”.
- Build and solidify a pipeline of new opportunities with new and existing distribution partners.
- Collaborate with internal resources to efficiently handle impediments to profitable growth.
- Understand and effectively communicate Aegis product features, benefits, and competitive advantages in a professional manner to assigned accounts.
- Gather competitor data and market intelligence to support product recommendations.
- Serve as liaison between distribution partners and internal contracting team to successfully activate new relationships and coordinate appropriate training for new and existing distribution partners.
- Network within the industry to help increase Aegis visibility, including attendance at relevant insurance industry conferences, professional association meetings, and other networking events.
- Support Marketing Team as appropriate, including travel outside of designated territory to facilitate activation of new/existing distribution.
- Open to relocation opportunities as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Communications, Risk Management or similar major.
- 3+ years’ experience in insurance sales/service or business-to-business account management.
- Flexibility to travel frequently / attend business-related events outside usual business hours.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- P&C insurance producer license, CPCU, CIC or other relevant industry designations preferred.
- Proficient computer skills, including working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite.
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
Learn more about Aegis at aegisgeneral.com and aegisinsurance.com.
Job Type: Full-time