We are a manufacturer of highly customized small batch products primarily for the promotional products industry. Artists represent the key personnel in our go-to market strategy for our organization. They prepare individual sales decks and presentations utilized by our distributor partners for prospecting. Further, they follow through with the creation of production ready files for both digital and screen printing.
We are looking for a leader of the group of artists. This is a new position. We have a team of 15 artists on both the creative and production sides of the organization. The key function of the role will be creative problem solving and workflow process design with a lesser focus on creative visual elements.
- Accomplishes art department work requirements by orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching employees.
- Manages a team of both production and creative artists aligning their efforts to support sales and marketing initiatives.
- Effectively communicates within the organization:
- Upward to creative director and executive leadership
- Within the team that he / she will manage
- Laterally through production, engineering, and customer care teams * Will aid in process design surrounding presentation of conceptual sales ideas through preparation of production ready art files.
- Meets art department work standards by following production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving operational problems; identifying work process improvements.
- Meets art department cost standards by monitoring expenses; implementing cost-saving actions.
- Keeps customers informed by reviewing illustrative material for presentation. All while supporting marketing and sales initiatives.
- Reviews project production factors by studying budget, background information, objectives, presentation approaches, styles, and techniques.
- Produces illustrative material by assigning layout design concept to artists; directing development of design concepts into art layouts.
- Obtains customer approval by presenting final layouts, story boards, and illustrations; responding to client commentary and requests.
- Improves quality results by studying, evaluating, and re-designing processes; implementing changes.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Enhances art department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Job Type: Full-time
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance