Lead Data Engineer
(GDMS) engineers a diverse portfolio of high technology solutions, products and services that enable customers to successfully execute missions across all domains of operation. With a global team of 13,000+ top professionals, we partner with the best in industry to expand the bounds of innovation in the defense and scientific arenas. Given the nature of our work and who we are, we value trust, honesty, alignment and transparency. We offer highly competitive benefits and pride ourselves in being a great place to work with a shared sense of purpose. You will also enjoy a flexible work environment where contributions are recognized and rewarded. If who we are and what we do resonates with you, we invite you to join our high performance team!
Bachelor’s degree in systems engineering, a related specialized area or field is required (or equivalent experience) plus a minimum of 8 years of relevant experience; or Master's degree plus a minimum of 6 years of relevant experience. Agile experience preferred.
A TS/SCI security clearance (required required at time of hire) with the ability to obtain a Full Scope Polygraph. Candidates must be able to obtain the Polygraph within a reasonable amount of time from date of hire. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.
Developing mission-critical systems that help keep people safe is what we do. , you’ll be part of the team that helps heroes make a true impact. The work we do is important. The challenges we face are career-defining. The opportunity we can offer is one-of-a-kind.
We apply advanced technologies such as Artificial Intelligence, Blockchain, AR/VR, Cloud Native and Quantum Physics to solve our customers’ missions in cyber, RF, undersea, interstellar space and everything in between.
As a Lead Data Engineer, you’ll lead model and simulation activities as you participate in requirements analysis and management, functional analysis, performance analysis, system design, trade studies, systems integration and test (verification). It’s your chance to step up to the challenge and prove you’re ready to lead the world.
REPRESENTATIVE DUTIES AND TASKS:
We are seeking a Senior Data Engineer to support the Insider Threat mission. Data Engineers work with various security system data owners to automate data integration and collection strategies. Work closely with the data science team to ensure data cleanliness and accuracy.
- Support data science team by designing, developing and implementing scalable ETL process for disparate datasets into a Hadoop infrastructure
- Design, develop, implement and maintain data ingestion process from various disparate datasets using StreamSets (experience with StreamSets not mandatory)
- Develop processes to identify data drift and malformed records
- Develop technical documentation and standard operating procedures Mentor new and junior data engineers
- Leads technical tasks for small teams or projects
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Working knowledge of entity resolution systems
- Experience with messages systems like Kafka
- Experience with NoSQL and/or graph databases like MongoDB or ArangoDB Any of the following databases: SQL, MongoDB, Oracle, Postgres
- Working experience with ETL processing
- Working experience with data workflow products like StreamSets or NiFi
- Working experience with Python RESTful API services, JDBC
- Experience with Hadoop and Hive/Impala
- Experience with Cloudera Data Science Workbench is a plus
- Understanding of pySpark Leadership experience
- Creative thinker
- Ability to multi-task
- Excellent use and understanding of data engineering concepts, principles, and theories
Salary range updated. Maximum base salary is $190,000.
8 years of experience in systems engineering.
Artificial Intelligence, Blockchain, AR/VR, Cloud Native and Quantum Physics to solve the customers’ missions in cyber, RF, undersea, interstellar space and everything in between.
- Experience with NoSQL and/or graph databases like MongoDB or ArangoDB Any of the following databases: SQL, MongoDB, Oracle, Postgres.
- Working experience with ETL Processing / Python RESTful API Services & JDBC.
- Working experience with data workflow products like StreamSets or NiFi.
- Experience with Hadoop and Hive/Impala.
- Department of Defense TS/SCI Security Clearance
NICE TO HAVE:
Creative thinking and multi tasking.
- Experience with Cloudera Data Science Workbench.
- Understanding of pySpark Leadership experience.
- Experience with StreamSets.
The perfect candidate would be a creative, multi tasker Data Engineer with strong background and experience in working with Artificial Intelligence and Block Chain. Our client also requires this individual to be smart at using databases like: SQL, MongoDB, Oracle, Postgres.
A TS/SCI security clearance with the ability to obtain a Polygraph is required at time of hire. Candidates must be able to obtain the Polygraph within a reasonable amount of time from date of hire. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $141,000.00 - $190,000.00 per year
- systems engineering: 8 years (Required)
- ETL Processing / Python RESTful API Services & JDBC: 3 years (Required)
- Cloudera Data Science Workbench, StreamSets or NiFi: 1 year (Required)
- Hadoop and Hive/Impala: 1 year (Required)
- messages systems like Kafka: 2 years (Required)
- databases / languages: NoSQL, MongoDB, ArangoDB, SQL, Oracl: 1 year (Required)
- TS/SCI Security Clearance: 1 year (Required)
Security Clearance Required:
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Relocation assistance
- Professional development assistance
Visa Sponsorship Potentially Available:
- No: Not providing sponsorship for this job
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Achievement-oriented -- enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail
- Autonomous/Independent -- enjoys working with little direction
- Innovative -- prefers working in unconventional ways or on tasks that require creativity
- High stress tolerance -- thrives in a high-pressure environment
- Temporarily due to COVID-19