The purpose of this position is to perform billing and collection duties. The work is performed under the supervision of the Accounting Supervisor.
The following duties are normal for this position. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
- Handles all Jackson County Personal Property Tax and Real Property Tax transactions that this office is allowed to handle.
- Collects for Invoices prepared by other departments (primarily Community Development)
- Balances Drawer at end of shift
- Can perform daily close out of self and other clerks from the County Tax System
- Maintains Occupational License program-which includes
- Entering info in Occupational License Database, making sure we have all necessary info (required insurance, No-tax due letters, completed application)
- Issuing Occupational Licenses
- Sending Renewal Letters (from the Access Database)
- Sending Warning Letters
- Compiling List of businesses that are still operating without a current Occupational License
- Tracking Plumber's Cash Bond in Occupational License Database as well as an Excel Spreadsheet
- Records payments of "Special Assessments" into Special Assessment database (Access database) and maintains file of hard copies.
- Back up to respond to Title Search companies' inquiry of any money owed to Grandview on properties for Special Assessments
- Prepares invoices for Misc Billing
- In Accounting Supervisors absence, prepares a Jackson County Summary sheet used to send "Jackson County Wire"
- Other Miscellaneous duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent with six months to a year’s experience in collections and customer service experience or any combination of education and experience that provides equivalent knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Experience handling cash/checks is required.Experience in Excel, Access Database, and an Accounting System such as New World System preferred, but not required.
Job Type: Full-time