Reporting to the Visitor Toll Program (VTP) Supervisor and the Special Project Manager, The VTP Customer Service Representative - Special Project (CSR-SP) is responsible for providing effective and efficient service to rental car customers that are prospective visitor toll program participants. The CSR-SP will also be cross-trained in various other Customer Service roles, but will primarily provide face-to-face interactions with customers in a positive manner ensuring that the customer experience is conducted in a prompt and professional manner at locations throughout the Orlando International Airport facility.
DUTIES AND ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Provide efficient and effective face-to face service to customers and prospects on all E-PASS services on a variety of inquiries and customer needs in a prompt and professional manner, while maintaining a sincere interest in customer satisfaction.
- Perform the required duties associated with customer service, including but not limited to account registration (driver's license capture), transponder distribution (issuance of VTP transponder), payment processing, and license plate capture.
- Respond timely to customer inquiries and process requests according to established standards with attention to style, tone, and manner of communication.
- Anticipate and understand customer needs, determine the appropriate course of action to meet those needs, and complete or initiate the transaction. Exercise independent thinking in meeting customer expectations.
- Combine knowledge of product, demonstrate effective time management and human relations skills to meet performance standards and positively influence the E-PASS/VTP image.
- Process payment transactions in person while ensuring the highest standard of customer confidentiality and adhering to strict credit card processing requirements.
- Maintain accountability for work and provide input and/or assistance in formulating new procedures, and recommend changes to existing procedures as required.
- Identify problems with office equipment, systems, processes, and general service issues, and communicate or escalate these to the proper entity for resolution.
- Communicate regularly with other units to foster an effective team environment and ensure these areas are aware of issues that may impact their area.
- Other job related duties as required.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Associate Degree or equivalent education.
- One (1) plus years’ experience of demonstrated customer support experience.
- Computer proficiency to include accurate typing capability. Must be skilled in use of PC and Mobile applications, and possess the ability to perform intermediate data entry skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Professional demeanor both in person and over the phone.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing superior customer service.
- Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records, and other office procedures and terminology.
- Knowledge of basic arithmetic application.
- Skill in demonstrating effective questioning/listening skills when speaking with customers.
- Skill in using probing questions and leveraging information obtained to ensure productive problem solving efforts.
- Skill in applying strong judgment and analytic capabilities, plus logical problem-solving and decision making skills.
- Ability to multi-task and regularly switch between various communication streams. Comfort and adaptability to work in a fast-paced work environment is essential.
- Ability to work with a high degree of personal integrity, treats others with respect, and fosters a safe, harassment-free work environment.
- Ability to establish and maintain consistent and effective working relationships and communications with staff, peers and superiors both within and outside of the immediate organizational structure.
- Ability to effectively communicate with customers appropriately and with proper speed, tone, and consistency while keeping calls on-task and ensuring efficient use of call handle time.
- Ability to function effectively as part of a team.
- Visual acuity to read information from computer screens, forms and other printed materials and information.
- Able to speak (enunciate) clearly in conversation and general communication.
- Hearing ability for verbal communication, conversation, responses via telephone, telephone systems, and face-to-face interactions.
- Manual dexterity for typing, writing, standing and reaching, flexibility, body movement for bending, crouching, walking, kneeling and prolonged sitting.
- Work is indoors and outdoors; may also be sedentary at times and is subject to schedule changes and/ or variable work hours.
- There are no harmful environmental conditions present for this job.
- The noise level in this work environment is usually moderate.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $18.00 /hour