The Sr. Footwear Designer will integrate their thorough understanding of cutting edge innovative footwear, market conditions, consumer expectations, emerging technologies, and the manufacturing process with their design excellence to develop the next generations of Skechers Performance footwear products within the technical running, golf and training categories.
You will influence the respective categories and cultural events knowledge and experience relating to how the current and upcoming technology trends might influence the consumers' buying decisions, covering a vast demographic and multi-cultural area.
In addition, you'll use your knowledge in respect to design, development and market relevance to collaborate with Marketing and Sales personnel on projects to maximize effectiveness and salability.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESULTS
- Conceptualize and create innovative footwear concepts for technical performance categories.
- Work with merchandising, development and marketing personnel to collaborate on projects to maximize effectiveness and build product to target cost.
- Collaborate with other designers, to identify seasonal market trends in yarns, stitch, construction details, and silhouettes.
- Create accurate cads/specs/tech packets quickly and efficiently, while driving function and performance.
- Lead the design of advanced concepts working with US and Asian based innovation teams.
- Manage prototype development from initial pullover samples through confirmation samples.
- Research and apply appropriate color and materials to design concepts.
- Constant interaction with Merchandisers on all aspects of product line plans, briefs, color palette, pricing, themes, graphics, and strategies.
- Implementation of technical footwear trends through travel, shop the markets, tradeshows and researching the competition.
- Work with developers in US and Asia on line schedules and adhere to the product calendar, ensuring development projects are on track.
- Working with developers / materials team to coordinate and develop new materials, constructions, processes and procedures.
- Responsible for getting prototypes and samples executed to reflect the concept and design you created.
- Knowledge and understanding of competitors top sellers, technologies, styling, colors, strategies and pricing.
Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to sketch shoes accurately and proportionately & provide detailed CAD’s and specifications.
- Must understand the footwear production process at the factory level.
- Must have advanced skills in Photoshop / Illustrator and 3-D design programs.
- Must have great communication/presentation skills and work well with others.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's Degree in Footwear Design, Fashion Design, or Graphic Design (OR) 7-10 years related work experience.
- Should have a minimum of 5 years of progressive, shoe designing experience and knowledge of technical shoe constructions and performance materials.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The skills, abilities and physical demands described are representative of those duties that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities, who are otherwise qualified for the job position, to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk, sit, reach with hands and arms, stoop, and kneel. The employee is occasionally required to sit for long period of times.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.