OTC is one of the largest industrial distributors and service providers in the United States. We employ a team of experts that prides itself on offering technical solutions across a wide variety of industries: automotive, aerospace, energy, medical food and beverage, chemical processing, pulp and paper, steel, and utilities, amongst others. Our customers include many well-known companies such as: Toyota, Dupont, Dow, BP, GE, Pitney Bowes, Honeywell, Delph, Ford, Timken, Bayer and Dephi, amongst others. Our broad product portfolio includes industrial automation, electrical, fluid power, mechanical power transmissions, air compression, pumping systems, industrial finishes and fluid handling.
We employ over 1200 employees across more than 42 locations in more than 32 states.
Our size and strength give us the resources to drive continuous improvement and provide the best solutions of our clients. Our greatest strength is in the local decision-making of our people who have the flexibility to respond quickly to our client’s needs; putting local decision making in the employee’s hands.
We began in 1963 as a small Columbus, Ohio-based industrial distributor of mechanical power transmission equipment and pumps. From the very beginning, our company leaders stressed the importance of hiring and developing great people, treating them right and coupling their talents with a wide range of products from top vendors to provide customers with the best quality products and technical application expertise and services at the lowest possible costs. We have always believed that professional management and state-of-the-art operating and logistics systems are important to the success of the people we work with. While our product lines have expanded significantly over the years, our commitment to integrity and fairness in all transactions with customers, suppliers and associates has remained constant and allowed us to grow rapidly.
Join the winning team at OTC and watch your career grow! For more information visit www.otcindustrial.com
Ohio Transmission Corporation is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to hiring a diverse workforce; including individuals with disabilities and United States qualified protected veterans.
The District Director is a key member of the leadership team for the region; and is responsible for the overall management of the branches within the district region. (The District Director lead the Branch Managers, who in turn will manage both the sales and operations of the branch.) He/she have overall responsibility executing for the local strategy, managing the profit and loss of the branch locations (as set by company standards), as well as overall sales within the district. She/he will maximize financial results (i.e. sales & operations) while also ensuring staff development, safety, customer service and continuous improvement.
The position responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Execute district strategy to maximize overall company results in coordination with management and corporate staff.
- Lead both operations and sales throughout the district region.
o Responsible for district KPI’s (such as forecasted & actual revenue, bookings, margin, attrition, safety, etc.)
o Manage overall staff ensuring proper performance standards, rewards and development
o Lead continuous improvement process and overall growth initiatives, with a particular focus on both inside and outside sales; as well as operational efficiency
Qualifications for this position include:
- Assist Region Manager with strategic business development
- Act as overall senior manager of the company within the district , including but not limited to employees, customers, and suppliers.
- Lead by example and maintain highest standards of ethical practice
- All other duties as assigned
- Bachelors in Business or equivalent
- 5+ years managing operations and sales with sole profit & loss responsibility of at least $$MM. (Note, this role has typically managed a Branch previously with both sales and operations responsibility)
- Superior business development skills
- Maximizing operational efficiency
- Developing and upgrading talent; driving pay for performance and growth mindset
- Ability to work under pressure to meet strict deadlines while managing multiple priorities.
- Large company in industrial sector highly preferred, specifically distribution and service
OTC is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law. OTC is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor—priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
OTC will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in USA. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.