Public Information Assistant Hours/Week: 35.00
Starting Salary: $45,000
Job Description and Requirements:
The Monmouth County Department of Public Information & Tourism is an exciting office that is responsible for relaying information about County news and services to residents, visitors and business owners in Monmouth County. This is done through the County website, social media channels, press releases, photos and videos.
- Keep calendars (editorial, press conferences, events etc.) and media lists;
- Participate in brainstorming and planning sessions;
- Assist in organizing and execution of events, campaigns etc.;
- Conduct research to support Public Relations planning;
- Draft and distribute content such as newsletters, press releases and speech writing;
- Support relations with the public, media, constituents, etc.;
- Formulate ways to streamline communication and plan execution; and
- Edit reports and various materials as assigned.
- Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor's degree, preferably in Public Relations or a related field;
- Must be able to work evenings and weekends as needed
Must have a valid NJ Driver's License
- Proven experience as Public Relations Assistant or similar position;
- Computer savvy; working knowledge of databases and design software (e.g. Photoshop) is a plus;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Great attention to detail;
- Understanding of AP style of writing;
- Knowledgeable of all forms of social media
Applicants must submit sample(s) of written work appropriate to the above job specification, e.g. press releases, alerts, features, news articles, etc… Sample(s) may come from current or previous employment or from class projects. You should also provide a brief description of your role with each of the sample(s) you provide.
How to apply:
Individuals will only be considered if they possess the minimum requirements listed above.
In order to be considered for a job opening, an Application for Employment must be completed for each position. Resumes may be attached but are not considered as substitution for a fully completed job application form. email@example.com
Completed applications referencing the job title code on the application to: County of Monmouth, Human Resources Department, 1 East Main Street, Freehold, NJ 07728
To request a Job Application be mailed to you, call 732-431-7300
Monday – Friday 8:30 am – 4:30 pm