Threat Analyst 3
: United States-Virginia-Arlington
US Citizenship Required for this Position:
No relocation assistance available
: 1st Shift
: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Do you desire a patriotic role and the chance to defend our nation’s cyber infrastructure? Do you enjoy learning about new technologies and how they can be used to provide cutting edge services to our customers? If so, then look to join the Catapult Consultants team. The selected applicant will become part of Catapult Consultants' NEO Horizon program, formerly called United States Computer Emergency Readiness (US-CERT), responsible for analyzing and reducing cyber threats and vulnerabilities, disseminating cyber threat warning information, and coordinating incident response activities. NEO Horizon provides advanced network and digital media analysis expertise and defends against malicious activity targeting networks within the United States and abroad.
- Conducts research and evaluates technical and all-source cyber intelligence to develop in-depth analysis and assessment on threats to critical networks and critical infrastructure.
- Candidate will conduct complex cyber intelligence analysis, coordination, and interaction across a broad range of joint and interagency activities.
- Will work closely with other technical, forensic and incident management personnel to develop a fuller understanding of the intent, objectives and activity of cyber threat actors.
- Analyzes network events to determine the impact on current operations and conduct all-source research to determine advisory capability and intent.
- Prepares assessments and cyber threat profiles of current events based on the sophisticated collection and research using classified and open source information sources.
- Correlates threat data from various sources.
- Develops and maintains analytical procedures to meet changing requirements and ensure maximum operations.
- Collects data using a combination of standard intelligence methods and business processes.
- Produces high-quality papers, presentations, recommendations, and findings for senior US government intelligence and network operations officials.
Basic Qualifications - To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in a related technical field and a minimum of 5 years related technical experience required.
- Active Top Secret Security Clearance with SCI eligibility is required. In addition, selected candidate must be able to obtain and maintain a favorably adjudicated DHS background investigation for continued employment.
- Minimum of 5 years Threat Analysis experience required.
- Ability to understand and learn technical specifications, system requirements and other application design information as needed.
- Basic understanding of Network Administration and Network Security is required.
Preferred Qualifications - Candidates with these preferred skills will be given preferential consideration:
- Active EOD.
- Ability to produce results in a fast-paced environment with the ability to meet iterative deadlines.
- Previous experience providing on-site consulting support for a technical project, preferably with a federal customer.
Catapult Consultants is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
- While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel while typing at a computer keyboard.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach, or lift objects up to 10 pounds.
- The employee is frequently required to talk or hear. The vision requirements include: close vision.
Catapult Consultants is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that every employee has the right to work in a dignified work environment free from all forms of discrimination and harassment. It’s our policy to recruit, employ, retain, compensate, train, promote, discipline, terminate and otherwise treat all employees and job applicants based solely on qualifications, performance, and competence. This policy reflects our belief that providing equal opportunities for all employees is a both our legal and moral responsibility, and good management practice.
All employees and applicants are treated without regard to age, sex, color, religion, race, national origin, citizenship, veteran status, current or future military status, sexual orientation, gender identification, marital or familial status, disability or any other status protected by law.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.