RentACoop is a small business with two focuses, education and product creation. Our educational side gives classrooms and families the experience of hatching chicks or caring for egg laying hens for a temporary period. The product creation side designs and manufactures products for poultry and other small animals. The RentACoop flock, while small, is packed with a variety of diverse and fun individuals who all share a passion for animals and their care. The flocks creative teamwork and continuous communication pushes our product designs and the content of our education programs to be a cut above competitors.
We are currently looking for 1-2 dependable part time staff members to join our animal care and program delivery team. In this role you will be responsible for helping care for the animals on the farm, delivering programs, cleaning and resetting program items, assisting customers picking up from the farm, as well as other tasks.
- Engage with customers in a knowledgeable manner.
- Cleaning and resetting program items
- Delivering hatching programs and coop rentals
- Assist in the day to day care of the flock and other animals on the farm
- Liaise with other department testing new products or as needed
- Other duties as requested.
- Must have a passion for animals and education
- Must be comfortable driving a van and large trailer
- Must be able to lift at least 50lbs alone and 75lbs with assistance
- Must hold a valid United States driver's license
- Must be able to work outdoors in all weather conditions
- Must have strong oral skills and be dependable
- Experience working on a farm or with animals
- 2+ years experience driving a trailer
- A degree in zoology, biological sciences, or related field
- Creative problem solving and conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize tasks
Employees are expected to take appropriate precautions, this position has a risk of exposure to zoonotic diseases and bites from working with animals in an outdoor setting. The successful applicant should be up to date on necessary vaccines, such as tetanus, to ensure their own safety.
Employees receive paid time off and paid holidays. We do not offer healthcare at this time.
If you would like to join our flock please apply!
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $14.00 - $15.00 per hour
- 8 Hour Shift
- Monday to Friday
This is an on-site job, mostly outdoors or in a vehicle when delivering programs. Masks are worn, there is hand sanitizer readily available.
- driving a trailer: 1 year (Preferred)
- Animal Care/farm: 1 year (Preferred)
- What about the role excites you and motivated you to apply? Please describe your interest in working with us.
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- People-oriented -- supportive and fairness-focused
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative