Do you want the opportunity to capture and drive delivery for the largest growth accounts in Microsoft Services? Do you like to foster and manage delivery relationships with enterprise customers and partners and provide leadership on multi-phased, complex, and end-to-end solution deliveries? Do you enjoy delivering services and reaping the rewards of a satisfied customer?
Microsoft Services helps federal customers realize their full potential through accelerated adoption and productive use of Microsoft technologies. We are proud to have the opportunity to serve our government and offer an opportunity for you to do the same. The security of our nation and preservation of our nation’s interest are critical to the safety and prosperity of the United States.
The Delivery Management Manager (DMM) manages a team of Account Delivery Executives and Technical Account Managers while driving an end-to-end business in designated high revenue generating accounts. Beyond people management, the DMM will work with direct reports and customer executives to develop, plan and implement innovative strategies that generate long-term business value and competitive advantage.
- Meet/exceed revenue and customer satisfaction targets
- Drive business development initiatives through thought leadership and clear direction across assigned accounts
- Perform people management responsibilities including performance reviews and career development
- Review and sign-off on proposals and contract addendums
- Provide portfolio governance and oversight to drive lifecycle optimization and alignment across all Microsoft-related strategies and planning initiatives
- Ensure that IP development and reuse initiatives and best practices in Opportunity & Delivery Management are leveraged
- Work closely with Product and Services Sales to achieve account level sales targets
- Be a player-coach, driving a “hands on” approach with delivery teams when required
The ability to be effective as a DMM requires a senior executive who has held strategic leadership roles within Microsoft and/or executive leadership positions. The ability to easily and effectively connect and relate to senior customer executives is an imperative. DMMs develop relationships with key line-of-business executives (CxO level), putting them in a position to translate early business needs and insights into actionable solution strategies and assist Business Units in driving these initiatives to early results and business value.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree.
- 10+ years of consulting experience with a major consulting, technology or professional services firm.
- PMP or other project management certification preferred
- Demonstrated capability in managing complex projects
- Strong executive presence and demonstrated ability to build, extend, and maintain senior client relationships
- Exceptional communication, team building and mentoring skills
- Previous revenue management and forecasting experience
- Demonstrated capability in developing and retaining professional talent
- Demonstrated ability to lead client and consulting teams in a highly matrixed organization
- Work experience should involve technical consulting, pre-sales, solution design, project envisioning, planning, development, deployment, and management
- Must have demonstrated experience collaborating with sales, architects and clients in structuring work to sell new business
- Competency in Analytical Problem Solving, Customer/Partner Relationships, Product & Technology Expertise, Project Management, Strategic Insight
- Experience delivering/leading O365 and Azure migration projects is a plus
The successful candidate must be a U.S. Citizen, be required to hold or be able to satisfactorily complete a US Government Security Clearance. The position will require travel to customer sites in and around the D.C metro area. The selected candidate must be able to start within 30 days of offer acceptance.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.