The Administrative Assistant, Strategy and Business Development performs advanced and diversified administrative and clerical support for the VP of Enterprise Strategy, and the VP of Retail Growth, as part of the overall Enterprise Strategy team. This individual will be entrusted with handling sensitive and confidential matters and perform support functions which require a broad and comprehensive knowledge of company policy and procedures. They also structure and organize activities to facilitate the efficient operation of the broader strategy team. The position is most suited for an individual who can handle multiple tasks and work quickly and effectively to organize data and meet deadlines. Complete confidentiality and absolute discretion are mandatory.
The position will be based at CVS Caremark’s corporate offices in Woonsocket, RI. The major responsibilities include the following:
- Schedules appointments, meetings, events, travel schedules and conference room reservations.
- Maintains multiple Outlook calendars and coordinates meetings with internal and external parties.
- Prioritizes schedules, develops and initiates system of follow-up for projects, meetings and issues to assure the efficient and effective management of the department.
- Coordinates team meetings and department events; team building activities.
- Coordinates travel arrangements and expense report processing.
- Processes vendor contract requests and IT change requests and supports monthly and annual budgeting process.
- Responsible for vendor procurement and vendor management in collaboration with the procurement department leadership and our Finance Dept.
- Composes and edits correspondence, reports and other complex documents.
- Undertakes special assignments and manages projects as assigned.
- Performs any and all other duties/functions as deemed necessary.
- Maintains confidentiality and discretion at all times.
- 3+ years of general administrative experience.
- Expert proficiency and advanced level skill with Microsoft Office programs including Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and SharePoint
- Proven ability to work with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Must be able to communicate effectively and prepare effective written documents.
Must be self-directed and possess excellent organizational skills.
- Experience developing ways of accomplishing goals with little or no supervision, working autonomously to complete objectives and determine when escalation of an issue is necessary.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously and experience coordinating and scheduling multiple events simultaneously.
- Proven time management skills such as prioritizing/organizing and tracking details and meeting deadlines of multiple projects with varying completion dates.
- High School Diploma/GED required
- Associates or Bachelor's Degree preferred
It’s a new day in health care.
Combining CVS Health and Aetna was a transformative moment for our company and our industry, establishing CVS Health as the nation’s premier health innovation company. Through our health services, insurance plans and community pharmacists, we’re pioneering a bold new approach to total health. As a CVS Health colleague, you’ll be at the center of it all.
We offer a diverse work experience that empowers colleagues for career success. In addition to skill and experience, we also seek to attract and retain colleagues whose beliefs and behaviors are in alignment with our core values of collaboration, innovation, caring, integrity and accountability.
CVS Health is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Gender/Ethnicity/Disability/Protected Veteran – we highly value and are committed to all forms of diversity in the workplace. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities. We comply with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO is the Law Poster: EEO IS THE LAW and EEO IS THE LAW SUPPLEMENT. We provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require assistance to apply for this job, please contact our Advice and Counsel Reasonable Accommodations team. Please note that we only accept applications for employment via this site.
If technical issues are preventing you from applying to a position, contact Kenexa Helpdesk at 1-855-338-5609 or email@example.com. For technical issues with the Virtual Job Tryout assessment, contact the Shaker Help Desk at 1-877-987-5352.