* Must be at least 16 years of age
* Lifeguards need to possess Red Cross Lifeguarding Certification
* Thorough knowledge and application of swimming and water safety skills
* Ability to react efficiently and effectively in emergency rescue situations
* Ability to perform assigned tasks requiring physical strength and agility
* Ability and willingness to swim and get in the pool REQUIRED
Experience in swimming or teaching swim lessons
JOB DESCRIPTION: To provide safety and care for athletes, students, and pedestrians that utilize the facility during hours of operation. Enforce the facility rules and requirements during events and daily operations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Serves as lifeguard for all aquatics programs, and events held at Southwest ISD
Attend and update all lesson certifications.
Ensures general safety, cleanliness, and appearance in and around the pool area.
Assist with set-up of activities/programs.
Monitors all facility program participants for safety.
Monitors all facility spectators for safety.
Represent the program in a professional and mature manner at all times.
Assist and teach summer swim lessons in accordance with SWISD program guidelines.
Attend and participate in all staff meetings/in-service as required by Supervisor.
Have a positive and cheerful personality.
Ability to communicate with staff, parents and swimmers.
Must pass all skills on in-services, trainings, and quick response checks.
Maintains confidentiality of information.
Daily attendance and punctuality at work are essential functions of the job.
Perform other duties as assigned.
Pay Rate: Auxiliary 1 Scale
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $15.00 - $17.00 per hour
- 4 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Weekends as needed
Work Location: In person