This is a TEMPORARY, FULL-TIME, FIXED-DURATION position. It begins Upon Hire and is expected to run through March of 2020.
Please click here for more information about Fixed Duration Positions.
The University of Washington (UW) is proud to be one of the nation’s premier educational and research institutions. Our people are the most important asset in our pursuit of achieving excellence in education, research, and community service. Our staff not only enjoys outstanding benefits and professional growth opportunities, but also an environment noted for diversity, community involvement, intellectual excitement, artistic pursuits, and natural beauty.
The Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology has an outstanding opportunity open for a Temporary Administrative Assistant 3.
Under the general supervision of the Manager of Program Operations, perform independent, complex administrative duties in the Division of Maternal Fetal Medicine in the Department of Obstetrics & Gynecology. Duties include:
- Answer phones at the Ob/Gyn front desk, take accurate messages, forward callers to appropriate extensions, answer inquiries regarding programs, protocols, services and activities.
- Receive, announce and refer students and visitors.
- Prepare and coordinate travel arrangements to include travel itinerary, meeting schedule and reservation for division faculty. Compile and submit final travel expense vouchers and reports assuring compliance with all regulatory policies.
- Compose, prepare and transmit confidential and sensitive written and verbal communication on behalf of the Manager of Program Operations; draft letters, notes and other correspondence.
- Maintain Maternal Fetal Medicine CVs.
- Maintain complex calendar and schedule appointments for the Division of Maternal Fetal Medicine, including updating and entering in Infinity OnCall/attending.
- Submit purchase order requests for office supplies.
- Review and distribute mail as well as prepare packages for mailing/delivery of lab specimens.
- Assist in preparation of reports and compilation of data.
- Copy, file, fax, and record keeping.
- Other administrative support duties as needed.
High School graduation or equivalent AND two years of increasingly responsible clerical experience transcription OR equivalent education/experience.
Experience working in an academic or medical environment.
Experience working with the Microsoft Suite:
Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Knowledge of medical/scientific terminology.