Analyze credit data and financial statements of individuals or firms to determine the degree of risk involved in extending credit. Prepare credit reviews for use in decision making.
- Complete financial statement spreads, personal cash flow and global debt service analysis. Generate financial ratios to evaluate balance sheet strength and performance trends.
- Compare liquidity, leverage and profitability of borrowers to market trends and peer groups to determine risk.
- Prepare written analysis and assign risk rating on consumer loans and routine commercial transactions to determine the ability to service debt.
- Work collaboratively with sales and credit partners.
- Assess relationship quality and risk rating in conjunction with the annual loan review.
- Complete annual assessments of critical vendors.
- Continue to stay informed on Business Loan Policy and federal regulations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in a business-related field or equivalent education and related training.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Must have the ability to work independently and within a team environment.
- Proficient in spreadsheet, word-processing and database applications including Microsoft Office.
- 1 to 2 years of experience in financial statement analysis and commercial underwriting.
- Successful completion of a formalized credit program.
Job Type: Full-time
- Commercial underwriting: 1 year (Preferred)
- Financial Statements: 1 year (Preferred)