Comcast shapes the future at the intersection of media and technology. Comcast provides one of the kind entertainment platform, High Speed Data platform, and Internet of Things services including Home Security services. We create world-class experiences that people love and trust and drive innovation that builds value. We bring millions TV and entertainment, sports and news, communications and home management, theme parks, home security, Voice, and high speed Internet access. Comcast brings to life the best of what's to come. Comcast brings Entertainment, Internet, Voice, and other services to the customers via the largest footprint of networks in the country. 20M+ On-Demand video are streamed daily, 8200 Video and Audio Channels are streamed daily across the country, 167M+ phone calls are made and 153M messages are send daily on our network. Comcast supports more than 800K route miles or network pipeline.
The Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) team at Comcast views Operations as a software problem to maximize availability, performance, and capacity utilization of our private OpenStack and OpenShift cloud platforms. We develop tools that build operational awareness for our customers and ourselves, scale through automation, and continually improve within our craft, all in support of our goal of delivering business value faster.We employ a combination of open source and custom in-house tools to achieve our goal. Our team provides production support and will be contacted off-hours if application owners are unable to resolve a production issue. Part of our ethos is to constantly strive for improvements and minimize those occurrences.We support data centers in various locations across the U.S. that support Comcast customers across the country. Our cloud platforms provide the underlying capability used by many products that are delivered to our customers' homes such as the X1 platform and Xfinity Home. Customers expect reliability and performance in these products. Our role is to provide world-class reliability and performance for the underlying platform powering these products. This role will be a key contributor to fulfilling the vision of building a highly-available, secured, and well-tested cloud platform capable of operating at scale, focusing on container technology. Creating infrastructure from code, finding areas and processes to improve, and innovating toward those improvements are all components of this role.Technical must-haves:
- Hands-on experience with container orchestration technologies in an SRE role for greater than one year. Kubernetes and OpenShift are preferred.
- Understanding of infrastructure-as-code.
- Understanding of DevOps concepts.
- Understanding of large-scale distributed systems.
Intellectual curiosity and a demonstrated appetite to improve current conditions, specifically in the area of large-scale infrastructure management.Responsibilities:
- Build and improve the Comcast Container-as-a-Service private cloud offering.
- Advance the state of the private cloud to promote greater operational awareness, use of automation, availability, performance, and utilization of the cloud platform.
- Work within a team environment of 15 engineers on the private cloud SRE team and with application development teams to initiate and deliver improvements.
- Production support may require after-hours response and remediation.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer