The custodian shall be responsible to the head custodian. The custodian shall perform the general housekeeping duties; assist in the care of all equipment, furniture and buildings, and assist in the care and maintenance of the school grounds.
This is a temporary position that is slated to last for approximately 6 months. Compensation is $80 per day.
Work hours are 2:30-10:30 - Monday through Friday
1. Checks operation of HVAC equipment as required. Report any malfunctions to the Head Custodian
2. Receives all supplies for the building, checks purchase orders against supplies and helps store items at the direction of the Head Custodian or Principal.
3. Dust mops and wet mops or vacuums all floors and corridors in assigned areas, as directed by the Head Custodian.
4. Dusts windowsills, cleans and sanitizes counter tops, furniture and sinks in assigned rooms. Fills paper towel and soap dispensers as needed.
5. Empties wastebaskets and pencil sharpeners and deposits all waste in the dumpster.
6. Cleans and sanitizes all restrooms in assigned areas, including sinks, toilets mirrors and floors. Fill toilet tissue, soap dispensers and paper towels as needed.
7. Reports any light failures, plant failures or other unusual conditions to Head Custodian.
8. Removes marks from walls, floors, doors, desks etc.
9. Cleans glass in classroom doors. Washes windows, lockers and counter tops.
10. Scrubs, waxes and polishes corridors and classrooms as required.
11. Operates mowers, weed-eaters, shovels snow and other outdoor duties assigned by the principal or the Head Custodian.
12. Unlocks doors and signs-in renters in various parts of the building; reports any misconduct or violations to Head Custodian or Principal.
13. Moves classroom furniture as needed.
14. Sets up multi-purpose room or other areas for meetings/events as requested by the head custodian or Principal. (This is also on the head custodian job description).
15. Sanitizes pool as needed.
16. Performs other duties as assigned and complies with the building Principal’s or Head Custodian’s requests within reasonable time limits.
1. High School Diploma/GED required.
2. 1 year of custodial experience preferred.
3. Certification as a Pool Operator preferred.
4. Allegheny County Certification and State Pesticide Test preferred.
5. CPR/First Aid Certification preferred.
6. Training in Universal Precautions preferred.
7. Working knowledge of office machines (copier, fax, telephone, etc.).
8. Ability to prioritize tasks, meets deadlines, and work under pressure.
9. Ability to be flexible and perform other tasks as assigned.
10. Basic experience with computers including email and related software needed for control of HVAC systems.
11. Ability to comply with the AIU Conduct policy
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling 35 pounds
2. Ability to kneel, crouch, bend and reach to retrieve and handle teaching materials and supplies
3. Ability to speak clearly and distinctly when communicating
4. Hearing clearly
5. Adequate vision to perform duties The information contained in this job description is for compliance with Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and is not an exhaustive list of the duties performed for this position. Additional duties are performed by the individuals currently holding this position and additional duties may be assigned.
Job Types: Temporary, Contract
Salary: $80.00 /day