Demonstrates up-to-date expertise in Software Engineering and applies this to the development, execution, and improvement of action plans
Leads and participates in medium- to large-scale projects
Leads the discovery phase of medium to large projects to come up with high level design
Leads the work of other small groups of four to six engineers, including offshore associates, for assigned Engineering projects
Models compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
Provides and supports the implementation of business solutions
Provides support to the business
Troubleshoots business and production issues
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field and 7 years of experience in software engineering or Master's Degree in Computer Science or related field and 4 years of experience in software engineering
- A visionary engineer or technologist with a passion for learning new technologies, programming wizardry, and translating them into working software
- Experience with software design, development, and automated testing
- An understanding of requirements analysis, design, coding, and unit testing of scalable, distributed, fault-tolerant applications
- Familiar with agile or other rapid application development
- Experience with design and programming across one or more platforms, languages and frameworks (Java, Spring, JAX-RS, Apache/Tomcat, Jboss), data structure fundamentals and relational/NoSQL databases, Big Data, Cloud Computing, Linux system and networks
- Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
- Analytical and problem-solving skills. Critical thinking and being able to think "outside the box"
- An awesome programmer with high levels of creativity and quick solving capabilities to change the world in a huge way!
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Ability to work in a results-oriented, rapidly changing, dynamic and fast-paced environment that requires collaboration across multiple stakeholders and constituents
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- Solid understanding of GitHub and open source development culture in general.
- Experience with e-commerce a huge-plus
- A passion for all things Web, including but not limited to, managing applications in the cloud, building and maintaining RESTful APIs, database design, development and maintenance, performance, analytics and monitoring.
- Experience building real-time data pipelines using Kafka.
- Experience with large scale data processing using Hadoop/Spark.
- Experience in Cassandra and Couchbase.
- Experience with Functional Programming.
- Experience with Scala, Clojure, Go
The @WalmartLabs International team delivers the product roadmap and engineering capabilities across every device for our international businesses in the UK (ASDA), Canada and Mexico. In addition, this team also drives the technology strategy and operational excellence across international markets.
Are you interested in shaping the future of International eCommerce? Do you want to define how customers shop online outside of the US? Are you a self-motivated, passionate engineer with a "can do" attitude, who dreams of building great things? If so, we are looking for you. If you are hired, you will be doing one or more of the following:
- Participate in the discovery phase of medium to large -sized projects to come up with high level design and creative solutions.
- Work on medium to large-sized complex projects and build new features and/or capabilities.
- Implement highly scalable micro services with low latency and high throughput.
- Support the implementation of solutions for business use cases.
- Follow the engineering best practices and deliver "open source" like quality code.
- Comply with company policies and procedures and support company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
- Use your debugging and troubleshooting skills to determine the root causes of issues and resolve them.