CTS Job Description: Senior Client Manager
Who we are:
Charter Technology Solutions is a niche Managed Services Provider in the K-12 education sector. Over 90% of our customers are NYC Charter Schools, who rely on us as their Information Technologies service provider. CTS has grown to support over 50 schools with a team of over 25 full time staff. We are located in Brooklyn, NY. Learn more about us at www.charterts.com
The Senior Client Manager (SCM) position works with and supports our largest and most complex group of clients as the primary contact and relationship manager. This work takes the form of project management, coordination of support and engineering resources, and strong consistent language/communication practices. This role is paramount to the success of CTS and safeguarding our reputation within the education technology landscape.
The Senior Client Manager will report to the Director of Client Management.
HOURS AND LOCATION
This is a full-time position based primarily at our Brooklyn, NY office. Frequent local travel throughout NYC (5 boroughs) and occasional regional travel are expected.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
We award our employees based on merit which includes financial incentives on top of competitive base pay, paid vacation, sick/personal days, and holidays. The company offers fully paid medical, dental and vision plans to all employees. Professional development reimbursement for relevant training/learning opportunities will be provided.
The individual in this role will be responsible for maintaining and growing relationships with our largest clients. This position will be responsible for the following:
1. Nurture client relationships. Develop relationships that facilitate long term business partnerships
2. Build trust. Ensure the company keeps its promises to customers, Identify and address client Issues Immediately and monitor through resolution. Likewise, manage client expectations and facilitate our activities as agreed.
3. Help us grow. Find opportunities for CTS to sell products and services that match customer needs.
4. Provide careful and considerate management – guiding service desk and field engineers to provide positive customer experiences with your clients, even in the most difficult situations.
5. Develop a keen sense of your audience and ability to switch language, focus and context on a continual basis as you deal with different groups of stakeholders and personalities daily.
6. Keep us organized. Contribute to operational policies, project leadership and internal process development that help us deliver excellent service to our customers.
7. Become familiar with the CTS ‘technology’ stack, looking to review and add to the common technologies we deploy in multiple scenarios.
8. Manage large projects. Ensure our project management process is followed and all activities associated with your projects gets completed to the highest standard, on time and on budget.
9. Manage monthly client reports. Ensure that your clients receive accurate monthly reports and work with your manager to address any inconsistencies you discover.
10. Work as a primary resource for the team to learn and develop new tools, becoming an advanced user in both our quoting and ticketing system platforms.
Team Leadership: The SCM position will be a leader within the client management team and thusly will be a point of reference and guidance for other client managers. While this role does not Include management responsibilities, your support of the team is inherent in the position.
- 6+ years of relevant experience in at least one of the following fields:
- Information Technology
- Service Management
- Education Operations
- Prior experience in IT services or with another Managed Service Provider is strongly preferred
- Superior writing and oral communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple simultaneous complex projects with competing deadlines and associated teams
- Very strong Microsoft Office or Google Apps skills, especially Excel / Sheets
- Ability to handle multiple tasks with clear sense of ownership and priority
- Excellent planning and organizational skills to maintain around the clock operation. Exceptional written and oral communication skills and ability to provide effective guidance asynchronously across multiple time zones.
- Self-motivated, self-directed with excellent time management skills and ability to handle and adapt to changing priorities and special projects in a high growth environment.
- Grace under pressure.
ADDITIONAL SKILLS AND EXPERIEINCE
- Prior experience in an Operations/Technology role in a K-12 academic setting is also a major plus
- Personal network of education contacts as potential new business leads
- Project management certificate a plus
- Strong understanding of technology foundations. LAN/WAN, VoIP, mobile technologies, Microsoft Server and Active Directory, NAS/SAN storage, Mac/PC support, printing and cloud technology.
- Understanding of finance, accounting, general business and management practices are also very helpful.
BA / BS required; technical degree a plus, advanced degree a super plus.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $75,000.00 - $85,000.00 per year
- Dental Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Parental Leave
- Vision Insurance
- Do you have prior Account Management experience at an IT Managed Services Provider?
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Achievement-oriented -- enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- People-oriented -- supportive and fairness-focused
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative
- Only full-time employees eligible