The Capacity Management team is a vital group in our organization that is responsible for helping get the right provider with the right patient at the right time. The Intermediate Business Systems Analyst will aid in the design, build, validation, and maintenance in support of scheduling templates for all outpatient departments. The role of the Analyst is to recognize and support the templates while fundamentally understanding the impact on appointment availability, provider productivity, and clinic workflow.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other duties may be assigned.
- Functions and serves as subject matter expert on template edits and builds
- Build and monitor provider schedules to ensure the organization maximizes template efficiency, productivity, and access opportunities and meets operational needs
- Processing information gathered by the Sr EPIC Business Analyst from departments, clinicians, health workers, vendors, and internal and external customers regarding electronic system development, implementation, issues, recommendations, and utilization of best practices and Access Standards
- Communicating effectively both orally and in writing with a diverse set of leadership and Providers
- Establishing and maintaining good working relations with department personnel, staff, peers, and management
- Able to process request submitted into Qgenda and report out areas of concern based on Access Standards
- Collaborates with the Epic Application team
- Maintains Capacity Management's ticket submission requirements to ensure approvers deliver all information needed to complete
- Able to analyze and interpret customer needs and offer solutions
- Exercising judgment, decisiveness, and creativity in an environment subject to frequent change
- Researching, analyzing, and developing proposed solutions for regulatory requirements under the guidance of the Sr EPIC Business Analyst
- Prioritizing competing requests for services
- Application module optimization in conjunction with stakeholders
- Managing communication between applications
- Documents and communicates policy and workflow changes
- Performing other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in Business or Health Administration or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience is necessary
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in the healthcare field is required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs is required
- Prior Epic experience, specifically Epic Cadence, is preferred
- Prior experience and knowledge in patient scheduling, registration, and consult/order workflows is desired.