Responsible for processing payroll for approximately 1,000+ employees within a Payroll Department and provide support to other payroll functions. Position is high volume and requires knowledge of a multi-state processing.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- High volume process payroll using ADP Enterprise Version 5, duties include but are not limited to, processing of time and data entry.
- Maintain paid time off balances and respond to field inquiries.
- Update payroll records by processing status changes, tax updates, direct deposit elections and other voluntary deductions.
- Offer ongoing automated timekeeping system (Kronos) training and assistance to field personnel.
- Collect, calculate, and import payroll data from timesheets and timekeeping system for payroll processing.
- Verify accuracy of payroll data entered and compare against input documents.
- Maintain payroll records and file all payroll related paperwork following each pay period.
- Answer routine telephone inquiries concerning payroll issues in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Follow up on outstanding payroll checks and coordinate efforts with the Accounting department.
- Support other Payroll Associates where needed.
- Generate reports for various departments using Report Smith.
- Adhere to internal control processes when initiating, recording, summarizing and reporting payroll transactions.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty accurately and timely. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Organization skills and attention to detail is very crucial. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Thorough knowledge of office/clerical practices, procedures, and equipment.
- Excellent organization, documentation and follow-up skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with associates.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, employees, and officials in other departments.
- Ability to understand and carry out oral and written instructions and to request clarification when needed.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and projects and work under deadlines.
- Ability to proficiently use Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Must have a strong attention to detail.
- H.S. diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum 3 years payroll experience preferably with ADP Enterprise Version 5.
- Report Smith experience preferred.
- Basic knowledge of accounting is a plus.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability