We are seeking a motivated Full Stack Developer to join one of our small scrum teams and continue kicking-ass, delivering the sexiest most efficient software known to the government. That’s right, this isn’t your father’s development project, we are building mission critical applications that will shape the future; a future where you have direct impact!
We are truly building the best in breed software, so naturally we are an interesting animal. Our frontend is largely Angular8 and deployed to the web, desktop (via Electron), and mobile (via Cordova). The frontend communicates with backend services though lightweight RESTful API calls to the serviceMesh gateway (Envoy, FreeIPA, NiFi, & HaProxy) which themselves broker requests to an event store (Kafka). Once in Kafka, individual services perform their respective actions in accordance with a pure pub/sub model. Our backend is largely comprised of ’serverless’ microservices, with most being ran on firecracker (AWS Lambda’s engine) and those too large (like Kafka, Elastic Search, etc.) are ran in containers on Kubernetes. Of course, we’ve got some secret sauce here and there, but we are using open standards wherever possible.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be eager to learn new technologies and expand their roles and responsibilities.
- Excel at translating functional requirements into quality code.
- Have a knack for efficiency.
- Be familiar with industry best practices and open-source enablers (libraries, tools, tech).
- Possess a demonstrable acumen for detail, but not quite debilitating perfectionism.
- Be comfortable thinking outside the box and proposing better methods to code/structure the app.
- Be comfortable with agile software development (don’t worry, we aren’t a sweat-shop).
- Have solid technical understanding and experience with Angular (6+ years).
- Be familiar with event-streaming architectures (using Kafka & serviceMeshes).
- Be familiar with modularity and microservice architectures.
- Have experience creating NodeJS microservices
Each scrum member is both a leader and a follower. As a Senior developer, you will be expected to help mentor more junior developers, but do expect to learn a thing or two yourself.
Some travel may be required on an as needed basis. Eventually, this position may require a government security clearance.
Office hours are flexible with most work performed remotely (as we are a geographically dispersed team) but some actions may require travel and regular team interaction. Most of our team works out of on-trend, workshare office spaces around the nation.
We offer competitive benefits (fully-vested up to 10% 401k matching, 100% company-paid comprehensive healthcare, all 10 federal holidays & 15 days leave, flexible schedules, educational reimbursements, and much more).
Skyward Federal is a small (but growing) startup bringing the best of breed to the most exciting & unique missions possible. We work hard but play harder. There is constant room for growth and cross-training depending on what your life goals are. Apply now & start your journey today!
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $80,000.00 - $140,000.00 per hour
Security Clearance Required:
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Signing bonus
- Paid time off
- Work from home
- Flexible schedule
- Parental leave
- Relocation assistance
- Professional development assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- Innovative -- innovative and risk-taking
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative