Providing health care services to nearly 250,000 residents of eastern Contra Costa County, Sutter Delta Medical Center remains the community's only not-for-profit acute care hospital. Its comprehensive services include 24-hour emergency care, surgery, family centers, obstetrics, pediatrics, acute rehabilitation, diagnostic imaging, occupational health, physical therapy, intensive care and coronary care. Cardiac catheterization, sports rehabilition and home health services are also among the medical center's areas of specialized care.
The Laboratory Technician I is under the general direction of the Laboratory Manager and his/her designee(s) while performing his/her duties. Some of the Laboratory Technician I's primary job responsibilities are but not limited to: the collection and preparation of blood samples, correct identification of patients and specimens, transportation and handling of specimens and the performance of all related clerical functions. The Laboratory Technician I processes specimens according to laboratory policy and will perform special projects when assigned.
1. High School Diploma or equivalent.
2. Current Certified Phlebotomy Technician (CPT I) required.
1. Previous experience in a medical setting as a lab assistant or phlebotomist for a period of time sufficient to demonstrate competency in a highly technical environment is required.
2. Experience in a variety of technical laboratory sections is preferred.
1. Medical terminology, basic anatomy and physiology, phlebotomy skills, knowledge of specimen preparation techniques and principles of operation of common laboratory instruments.
2. A working knowledge of laboratory information systems is preferred.
1. Excellent communication skills and phone manners.
2. Ability to follow complicated instructions with accuracy and perform detailed tasks thoroughly and completely.
Primary Location: California, East Bay, Antioch
Organization: Sutter Delta Medical Center
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Referral Bonus: No
Position Status: Non-Exempt
Job Shift: Variable
Shift Hours: 8 Hour Shift
Days of the Week Scheduled: Varied Days
Weekend Requirements: Every Other Weekend
Schedule: Full Time
Hrs Per 2wk Pay Period: 80