Specific information related to the position is outlined below. To apply, click on the button above. You will be required to create an account (or sign in with an existing account). Your account will provide you access to your application information. Need Help?
Should you have a disability and need assistance with the application process, please request a reasonable accommodation by emailing BB&T Accessibility or by calling 866-362-6451. This email inbox is monitored for reasonable accommodation requests only. Any other correspondence will not receive a response.
Regular or Temporary:
Language Fluency: English (Required)
1st shift (United States of America)
Please review the following job description:
Under general supervision, responsible for project management, supporting vendor and risk management, and resolving day-to-day needs of the line of business (LOB). Focus is on process improvements, dissecting problems and suggesting solutions, which include process analysis, design, testing and implementation. Must understand increasingly technical problems and solutions in relation to existing electronic payment environments, and be proactive in identifying and applying emerging technologies and processes.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
1. Support assigned Retail Payments’ vendors, processors and/or networks. Coordinate mid-level enhancements and changes, handle day-to-day issues and oversee the production performance of various entities. Must have working knowledge of electronic network rules and regulations.
2. Manage single system projects and coordinate system and product implementations, testing and any training necessary as a result of conclusions reached in project-related activities. Must understand multiple payment systems, channels, internal systems and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
3. Serve as the first-level risk manager for respective vendors, processors and/or networks and ensure all compliance, audit and risk issues are addressed and mitigated. This includes analysis of external vendor technical audits. Proactively participate in continuous review and updates of current policies and procedures to ensure these meet the changing electronic payments environment.
4. Perform statistical analysis and maintain statistics, records and reports to help establish policies, procedures and quality control standards.
5. Utilize PC and/or mainframe based systems and software. Compile and prepare reports, graphs, and charts of data developed.
6. Provide input and leadership to support planning and prioritization of electronic payments-related activities. Include developing the business unit systems plan using knowledge of industry trends and technologies to integrate that plan with the corporate systems plan.
Required Skills and Competencies:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Bachelor’s degree in Business or equivalent education and related training
2. Five years of experience in banking-related activities
3. Three years of experience in electronic payments
4. Ability to work independently
5. Knowledge of electronic payments and systems architecture
6. Excellent verbal and written communication skills
7. Demonstrated proficiency in basic computer applications, such as Microsoft Office software products
8. Ability to travel, occasionally overnight