The University of Pittsburgh is seeking a qualified Operations Director for the UPMC Hillman Cancer Center, Cytometry Facility.
The primary role of the Operations Director is to oversee, manage and perform operations and services provided by the Cytometry Facility, a shared resource within the UPMC Hillman Cancer Center.
The Operations Director:
- Serves as the primary point of contact with researchers and actively works to optimize experimental plans, ensure quality data acquisition/interpretation and disseminate information pertaining to facility operations and activities
- Directly supervises facility personnel (Flow Cytometry Specialist and Facility Manager) to ensure quality and uniform standards
- Creates and implements formal training programs for researchers and staff
- Ensures compliance with institutional requirements
- Defines and writes re-structuring standard operating procedures (SOPs) in their evaluation of the performance and efficiency of the facility to provide more efficient production in the future
The individual who fills this role must have extensive experience in flow cytometry instrumentation and applications. This person must have the technical background to maintain and troubleshoot highly sophisticated equipment, as well as a firm foundation in the technical and biosafety aspects involved in human tissue research.
Education Required PhD or ScD Minimum Related Experience Level Required 5-6 years experience Additional Education and/or Experience Essential to the Position
PhD in Life Sciences with extensive experience in instrumentation and aspects of flow cytometry including preparation of biological specimens for analysis, data analysis and maintenance of instrumentation.
Required Licenses/Certifications Child Protection Clearances
The following PA Act 153 clearances and background checks may be required prior to commencement of employment and as a condition of continued employment: PA State Police Criminal Record Check, FBI Criminal Record Check, PA Child Abuse History Clearance.
Background Check For position finalists, employment with the University will require successful completion of a background check. Assignment Category Regular, Full-Time Percent Effort 100 Scheduled Work Hours 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. If Varied Work Schedule, Please Specify If Part Time, Actual Standard Weekly Hours Campus Pittsburgh University Benefits
The University offers an excellent comprehensive benefits package for all full-time and part-time regular employees including:
- Education benefits and a retirement plan with employer match
- Group medical insurance, life insurance, and optional vision and dental insurance
- Free transit service within Allegheny County for employees of the Oakland campus (Port Authority Transit)
- Time off benefits including vacation, sick and personal time