Over the past 23 years, The Oregon Clinic has grown from a small group of six medical practices with forty physicians, to one of the largest specialty medicine practices in the country. Today, The Oregon Clinic is a patient-centered, data-driven, professional medical and surgical specialty practice that serves patients throughout the Portland, Oregon metropolitan area and beyond with more than 250 providers spanning over 30 specialties.
The Oregon Clinic was named Oregon’s #1 Top Workplace
among large companies in The Oregonian’s 2017 Top Workplaces Survey.
Join our Team!
The Oregon Clinic is seeking a full-time Patient Services Representative to join our Westside Surgical Specialists clinic adjacent to Providence St. Vincent Medical Center in SW Portland. This is a unique opportunity to also provide medical office support to a few of our other specialty clinics: Gastrointestinal and Minimally Invasive Surgery and UroGynecology. Responsibilities will include obtaining patient intake forms, collecting patient payments, answering phones, preparing patient charts, scheduling patient appointments and other duties as assigned. The position will also back up the front desk by welcoming and greeting patients, collecting co-pays, obtaining and completing insurance information, and assisting with records. This position also acts as a backup for the Surgery Scheduler. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 1 year of medical front office experience, with strong preference given to those who have experience with a surgery specialty. Candidates must have strong customer service skills, can multitask, work cooperatively in a team environment and communicate effectively with staff, patients and physicians. Starting pay range, based on experience: $14.00 - $18.00 per hour
Medical, Vision, and Rx Insurance is 100% paid for by The Oregon Clinic for full-time employees.
- Minimum of 1 year of medical front office experience
- Prior experience with Centricity preferred
- Excellent phone skills and customer service skills
- Excellent attendance and work ethic
- Positive attitude and desire to be a team player
- Ability to communicate professionally and effectively with patients, staff and providers
- 5% 401K Match + clinic funded pension-type plan
- 70% Monthly Trimet Pass Subsidy
- Company Provided Long Term Disability/Life Insurance/EAP
- Access to Pre-tax Medical Spending Account/Dependent Care Account
- Employee discounts at Adidas, Sprint, Columbia, Apple, AT&T, and more!
- Employee Plastic Surgery and Imaging Discounts
- Emergency Assistance while Traveling
This description is intended to provide only basic guidelines for meeting job requirements. Responsibilities, knowledge, skills, abilities and working conditions may change as needs evolve.
The Oregon Clinic is an alcohol and drug-free workplace and an EEO Employer. Offers are contingent on successful completion of drug and background screenings. Please note we follow Federal Guidelines regarding prohibited substances, even for those legal at the state level.
We are an Oregon Benefit Company: An Oregon benefit company is a type of corporation that considers its impact on society and the environment in the business decision-making process, in addition to earning a profit.