FT-Team Member - Shipping - Day
The FDC Operations Team Member is primarily responsible for receiving (and putting away), picking (orderfill), and shipping (loading) product within a Flatbed Distribution Center (FDC). With the majority of inventory residing outside, the associate in this role must work throughout the year in varying weather conditions. The Operations Team Member is responsible for handling product safely and in accordance with best methods to maintain product quality using customer focused distribution..
- Works safely while performing tasks and using equipment (e.g., uses proper lifting techniques for handling product, warns other associates when moving into high traffic path, maintains safety zone around equipment)
- Handles product accurately and efficiently while receiving, putting away, picking and shipping product to assist in achieving or exceeding facility demand turn targets
- Performs tasks in cross-functional areas as assigned by the Operations Coach (e.g., Receiving, Order-fill Picking, or Shipping)
- Performs tasks to achieve inventory accuracy and quality targets while implementing customer-focused distribution
- Performs safety inspection of equipment prior to use; handles and operates equipment and tools safely
- Required to work a set schedule that may be changed/modified by management based on the needs of the facility.
- Requires availability to work morning, afternoon, nights, or weekends depending upon assigned shift and overtime based on the needs of the facility.
- Requests to be scheduled off for a specific day require advanced notification and approval by supervisor.
Physical Job Requirements
- Move throughout all areas of the facility with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Wear all necessary personal protective equipment to perform job functions.
- Stand, sit and/or walk continuously with or without reasonable accommodation and perform job functions for a full shift with meal break.
- Bend, stoop, kneel, reach, twist, lift, push, pull, climb (ladders, stairs), balance, and/or crouch daily to accomplish work activities.
- Operate powered equipment (e.g., forklift, center rider) with continual mounting and dismounting throughout the work day.
- Minimally must be able to lift 40 pounds; ability to lift up to 70 pounds.
- Exposure to varying temperatures, extreme heat or cold, and/or wet, damp, dusty or drafty conditions.
- Exposure to constant or intermittent sounds of a pitch level enough to cause marked distraction.
- Exposure to shaking objects and equipment.
- Exposure to large, stacked product and fast-moving powered equipment.
- Exposure to varying light levels while transitioning in and out of the building at various times of the work day.
- Ability to lift up to 70 lbs.
- Strong safety orientation and proven record of complying with safety requirements
- Demonstrated track record of consistent and reliable on-the-job contribution
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision or with a team
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Experience in distribution center operations or previous warehouse experience
- Experience operating power equipment (e.g., forklift, yard truck)
- Experience performing detail-oriented tasks in a fast-paced working environment
- Experience using spatial reasoning to position product effectively
- Basic math and reading comprehension skills
- Basic computer skills